Nexstar/Mission/White Knight dispute with DIRECTV

I JUST realized something here...
Nexstar is ALSO the owner of Gracenote, the company that provides the guide listings to D*.
How come we did not lose TV listings during the dispute is what I have to ask now! Did they just fall back to Rovi listings?

Nexstar does NOT own Gracenote, Nielsen does.

Nexstar now owns the consumer facing website Zap2it because Tribune Broadcasting kept it after they sold Gracenote/Tribune Media Services to Nielsen back in 2016.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
To me the whole local tv market stuff is so stupid. I can drive 10 minutes from my house to another local market and watch fox all I want streaming on all my devices but can't at home. Really irritating

To me the whole local tv market stuff is so stupid. I can drive 10 minutes from my house to another local market and watch fox all I want streaming on all my devices but can't at home. Really irritating
Its all about money.....They need to be regulated, but we dont do that anymore. We let big business make all our laws to help them!

Reactions: John2021
They've been adding the Nexstar owned CW, MyNet and Independent stations over the past few months to Stream/Internet as part of the renewal signed in October. They started with the largest markets first, but every few weeks another batch goes up.

Hopefully the recent Tegna renewal included the same so markets like Atlanta, Denver, Hartford, Houston, Memphis, New Orleans and Seattle will get their non-Big 4 Tegna stations.

They've been adding the Nexstar owned CW, MyNet and Independent stations over the past few months to Stream/Internet as part of the renewal signed in October. They started with the largest markets first, but every few weeks another batch goes up.

Hopefully the recent Tegna renewal included the same so markets like Atlanta, Denver, Hartford, Houston, Memphis, New Orleans and Seattle will get their non-Big 4 Tegna stations.
They just added WCTX 59 to streaming here in CT. It's a Nexstar MyNet station. Nothing yet on WCCT 20 which is Tegna.

Reactions: KyL416
About 16 additional CW affiliates are now testing on the stream server, including ones from Tegna, Gray, Sinclair, Bahakel, Block and Sunbeam along with Phoenix's new Nexstar run CW affiliate KAZT.

This includes Tegna's WCCT Hartford and KFMB-D2 San Diego and Sinclair's WHP-D3 Harrisburg and KUNS Seattle

About 16 additional CW affiliates are now testing on the stream server, including ones from Tegna, Gray, Sinclair, Bahakel, Block and Sunbeam along with Phoenix's new Nexstar run CW affiliate KAZT.

This includes Tegna's WCCT Hartford and KFMB-D2 San Diego and Sinclair's WHP-D3 Harrisburg and KUNS Seattle

KTVD Denver is owned by Tegna and is a MY TV affiliate. It carries a lot of spill over NBC shows from Tegna owned KUSA.

Was hoping that the new agreement would include them but hasn't happened.

Do they show up in testing?

In other news the FCC has ruled against Nexstar in one case WPIX. Ordered Mission to sell it and fined Nexstar for taking control of the station.

Yep, the FCC agreed with Comcast's complaint about WPIX because Nexstar flat out runs the station and negotiates the retrans deals on their behalf. So both Nexstar and Mission were fined, and Mission was ordered to sell WPIX to a truely independent owner within a year or transfer the license to Nexstar, which would also require them to divest other stations across the country to remain under the ownership cap.

Considering how intertwined NewsNation's NYC operations are with WPIX, if Nexstar loses their appeal, they will likely divest whatever is needed to keep WPIX.