Nexstar/Mission/White Knight dispute with DIRECTV

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
Mission Broadcasting, a small company who only exists because of retrans fees is pulling their stations Oct. 18 from Directv . Check the link below to see if you live in one of the markets. It means I will lose Fox in my area.

Mission Stations

This I think is the first dispute that has affected me since I've been on DirecTv for 2 years. If no agreement is reached by the 18th, I'd lose my CW channel, WTVW 7.

I wish I had a channel in dispute. Does the LLC not work at all if no local channel has been removed or does it just have no guide information?

It works to restore disputed channels and local channels that are not on the satellites. Guides are dependent on D* to update there data base. Lcc’s seem to be hard to get unless there is a local dispute.

I wish I had a channel in dispute. Does the LLC not work at all if no local channel has been removed or does it just have no guide information?
It works fine, but Directv only hands them out if you have a local channel in dispute.

I still have my Mission station so I guess a deal was reached?
I'm not sure about that. Directv still has an alert channel up with info. The local Fox station in my market still has the dispute message on their website too. They may have come up with a temporary deal to keep them up while they keep talking money.

Looks like the stations are gone now. My Fox station went away and says this channel is no longer available.

Yep, mines gone today. Figures. Only way to really guard against these anymore is to go straight to the source. You can get CBS local stations from Paramount. Not all are available, though, so that’s not really a great solution either. These disputes are guaranteed anymore. Getting ridiculous.

True, and I have one, but it’s hit and miss. Sometimes channels come in fine, sometimes not at all. Unfortunately my CBS station, the only one owned by Mission in my area, gets the worst reception for me.

First time in my near 20yrs with DIRECTV that a local station has gone off the air, I lost FOX as well, so I can't watch the 49ers/Chiefs game now, well, I did sign up for NFL+, so I can stream it, such BS that they can do this, both sides don't care, Nexstar just wants to get more money from us, greediness no wonder why our bills go up every year.

If you haven't got a one time credit of 10.00 yet, there is a link on tvpromise.com Just put your zip in and scroll to the bottom of the message and there is a link that will add a 10.00 credit automatically when you sign in to your account.

Reactions: clownin72