Mits 1080p Lcd Hc-5000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hd

These are sure exciting times the way projector prices have been dropping. I'm looking to upgrade my X1 projector to a 720p DLP projector, hopefully in a few months.

Hd

If you're talking about the new Mits. LCD projector, I don't want an LCD. And the 1080p projectors are going to be too expensive for me for a while.

I don't want an LCD

Why ? what technology do you prefer not rainbow DLP or low CR LCOS ....

CRT 9" Marquee LC is still king of CR and resolve but alas it is too dim for me unless you run a pygmy hi-power screen in a dungeon basement :)

OK I'll bite. Yes, I prefer DLP, and I am not susceptible to rainbows.

Well I have yet to see DLP compete in the LCD price range perhaps the latest salvo launched by MITS with there HC-5000 will cause prices to fall in the DLP camp which would be good for all of us....

I for one can see bulbless light engines using LED / LASER eliminating the need for the annoying color wheel and when that happens the fun begins...

I'll be upgrading my NEC HT1100 soon to 720p instead of 1080p.

Why?

Downconvert looks better than upconvert, and other than HD-DVD or Blu-ray good luck getting a true 1920x1080 source from pay TV in the US.

Once satellite and cable companies solve bandwidth problems, if ever, then it will make the decision to go 1080p easier.

Downconvert looks better than upconvert

1080i doubled as progressive is way better than Interlaced especially in movies and sports...

1080P from HD-DVD q1 2007 will be the Holy Grail especially if your display and or scaler takes the 1080P/24 to 48 or 72 and next gen flat panels will have 120 for gamers :)

But extrapolating to 1920x1080 from 1280x1080i or 1440x1080i has many more articacts than downconverting to 720p.

An upscaling DVD player is not the same as HD-DVD, and upscaling bit-starved HD-lite to 1080p is not HD-DVD either.

SD from cable or satellite pales in comparison to HD or HD-lite downconverted to 480i.

Until 1080p is a grand with good enough video processing what's the point?

rockhard said:
It is with HQV processing found in the latest LUMAGEN RADIANCE scaler ...

Exactly! But a 1080p display with a $6000 scaler puts it aout of range of mass adoption. It's great if you've got the cash, but few do.

"The Lumagen RadianceXD will be available in 2Q 2006 and has a MSRP of $5999 US"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts