Mixing DP+44 and DP34 switches?

Grandude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 13, 2003
Santa Rosa, CA
In a moment of extreme weakness I have now on order a 921 receiver and wonder if anyone has tried connecting a DP34 to the output of a DP+44 to get more than four tuners running without having to get two DP+44s?
I currently have six lines in use from two DP34s and a couple of lines going to
other rooms in the house for 'just-in-case' use.
Three lines go to my shelf above the main HD TV in the family room and are currently driving an 811 and a 721.
What I would prefer to do is have the 921 and 721 in the family room without having to run another line and this could easily be done if mixing the switches would work.
My resulting setup would be all DishPro with the exception of a 6000U.
My LNBs are DP with the main Dish500 one being a DP twin feeding two concatenated DP34s. :confused:

Grandude: You should be able to eliminate your DP Adapter on the 6000U if you plug it into the DPP44.

Maybe you could try it and let use know if it really works. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It will work fine, I have a DP34 hooked up to my DPP44 switch. :)
That is good news.
Now I need to get over the sticker shock before getting a DPP44.
Perhaps I should have gone for your updated offer at the Dish Store which
included the DPP44. Oh well.

SimpleSimon said:
Grandude: You should be able to eliminate your DP Adapter on the 6000U if you plug it into the DPP44.

Maybe you could try it and let use know if it really works. :)
I certainly will try it. (When I get up the nerve to spend another couple hundred bucks.)
Of course it will probably depend on where, what room, the 6000 ends up on whether I will leave it connected that way if it works.
My first switch is under the eaves just below the dishes but the second one is inside the garage wall next to my cabling distribution.

Being on the cutting edge of technology isn't for sissies. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts