MLB 2012 Off Season News, Notes & Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard today from a source... the Reyes offer is 6 years, $90 million..($15 million a year)

The Pujols offer, 6 years, $150 million...($25 million a year)

No word on the Buerhle offer....

All approx. offers....

Tigers should go after him if thats what he's looking for (15M) (Reyes)

With Justin Verlander winning the Cy Young today, what are his chances of winning the MVP as well ?

He's probably gonna lose vote from some that feel a Pitcher should not win the MVP, however there are about 5 pitchers that HAVE done that ...

Migeal Cabrera should get a lot of votes as well, but I think he's being forgotten in the MVP talk for some reason.

With Justin Verlander winning the Cy Young today, what are his chances of winning the MVP as well ?

He's probably gonna lose vote from some that feel a Pitcher should not win the MVP, however there are about 5 pitchers that HAVE done that ...

Like I said at the end of the year, Verlander would have my vote. Everyone's definition of an "MVP" is different, but to me it is where would that team be if you subtract that player from the roster. IMO, Verlander was the difference in more wins/losses than any other AL player.

Like I said at the end of the year, Verlander would have my vote. Everyone's definition of an "MVP" is different, but to me it is where would that team be if you subtract that player from the roster. IMO, Verlander was the difference in more wins/losses than any other AL player.

While I agree with your stance ....
With the stance you pointed out, the Yankees would NEVER win a MVP ....

Who was more important to the Tigers this year, Verlander, being able to count on a Win 90 percent of the time, or Migeal Cabrera, who won the Batting title and was mostly consistent all year, also thought that Victor Martinez was the player that made the Tigers go this year.

Heard today from a source... the Reyes offer is 6 years, $90 million..($15 million a year)

The Pujols offer, 6 years, $150 million...($25 million a year)

No word on the Buerhle offer....

All approx. offers....

I have been one upped....actually, 3 UPPED:

The Miami Marlins aren’t messing around. Their standing offer to Albert Pujols(notes) is believed to be for nine years. With a competitive average annual value (say $25 million), that’s $225 million, minimum, and that’s more than what the St. Louis Cardinals are believed to have offered in the spring. Is it possible that two weeks into November Pujols could already have what will be his best offer?

The Marlins also have offers out to Jose Reyes(notes) (Fox Sports reported six years, $90 million) and Mark Buehrle(notes). Reyes also might have his best offer. …

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Manager of the Year will be announced to today. My prediction

AL: Joe Maddon - Rays

NL: Kirk Gibson - DBacks

Manager of the Year will be announced to today. My prediction

AL: Joe Maddon - Rays

NL: Kirk Gibson - DBacks
Yep. Just as many others predicted as well

[h=1]Kirk Gibson, Joe Maddon honored[/h]
[h=5]AL/NL Manager Of The Year[/h]

NEW YORK -- Kirk Gibson and Joe Maddon won Manager of the Year awards Wednesday -- one for overseeing a worst-to-first turnaround that lasted all season, the other after a frantic playoff push in the final month.
Kirk Gibson of Arizona Diamondbacks, Joe Maddon of Tampa Bay Rays win managers of the year - ESPN

Tomorrow the NL Cy Young will be announced. I will go out on a limb and say the NL pitching triple crown winner will win the Cy Young. If not, then the sports writers need to get their heads checked.

In the huge news section, looks like the Tigers are bringing back my favorite Pepsi Delivery man as a backup catcher, Gerlad Leard!! Welcome Back!! :)

Last edited:
Milwaukee Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum has accepted an offer to be the next manager of the Chicago Cubs, according to multiple league sources, with only some final details needing to be worked out before the deal is finalized.

Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer were seen walking into Sveum's hotel on Thursday afternoon. They emerged an hour later, walking with Sveum out of the hotel and into a waiting car.
Dale Sveum accepts offer to manage Chicago Cubs, sources say - ESPN Chicago

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp officially signed a record eight-year, $160 million contract on Friday. It is by far the largest deal in club history.

Embattled Dodgers owner Frank McCourt announced the deal at a news conference Friday morning.

Kemp will find out next week whether he has won the National League's Most Valuable Player Award for a season in which he hit .324 with 39 home runs and 126 RBIs, challenging for the Triple Crown until the final week of the season.
Los Angeles Dodgers, Matt Kemp finalize $160 million, 8-year deal - ESPN Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)