MLB Blackouts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live in Delaware and trying to watch Mets games. My location considered locally Philadelphia which we get local news channels from there and also I purchased all the regional sport packages from DTV and top of that I have the MLB extra inning with super fan package included and now METS home opener game is blocked out. Is anyone can explain this stupid rules of MLB or whomever runs this circus.
What a bunch of retarded morons.

Simple...Mets are playing the Phillies. You live in the Phillies home territory. Comcast SportsNet isn't available on DBS.

Why is it Senator Kerry gets on his soapbox because of the MLB & D* deal but they are all silent about the Cardinals situation and the Comcast Philly deal. How bout some equal representation!

I also purchased comcast network too but maybe you are right doesn't include philly games. My question is if I'm considered in philly territory and get the local news from philly how come I can not get local? philly game which Mets played with philly today. Or lets say comcast got this how come I didn't get this through MLB package I purchased as of Mets fan or philly fan?

I also purchased comcast network too but maybe you are right doesn't include philly games. My question is if I'm considered in philly territory and get the local news from philly how come I can not get local? philly game which Mets played with philly today. Or lets say comcast got this how come I didn't get this through MLB package I purchased as of Mets fan or philly fan?

Comcast Philly doesn't play well with satellite. D* does carry CSN out of Baltimore, Chicago and I think one of the West Coast RSN's. Since you are in the Phillies territory Comcast owns the rights to the games in that area. These rights trump MLB EI. If today's game was on the Philly CW affiliate (I think that is the Phillies OTA affiliate) you would've indeed been able to watch the game. MLB EI probably had the SNY feed of the game, but like I said Comcast rights in Philly trump that. This isn't a D* issue but a MLB blackout policy.

Question: I plan to get the Extra Innings package once I move from Canada to the US (Blaine, WA), just north of Seattle. All Seattle games will be blacked out correct? Every other game on the schedule should be available?

Thanks

Thanks for clearing it better for me, so which philly & mets game I can watch in the future if any?

Thanks for clearing it better for me, so which philly & mets game I can watch in the future if any?

If you have the MLB EI package, you should be able to watch the Mets anytime they aren't playing the Phillies. If the Phillies and Mets are playing on FOX on Saturday you'll be able to see that on the local FOX. Not sure about ESPN games, I live in NW PA and the Phillies were blacked out for me last year.

Not sure how far the Nationals area reaches up into Deleware but you may have the same problems then too.

How come comcast can block these games out and nobody can do anything? When they were blaming DTV about MLB deal and crying out loud first they have to look at themself; Are they any better or different? I'm hoping in the near future DTV will clean them out and we dont have to deal with this nonsense.

There is a loophole in the law that allows Comcast to withhold programming from sat providers such as Philly teams and I'll give you only one guess which senator, that gets lots of money from Comcast, was behind that law.

Phils fan here in Columbus Ohio. Hard to believe but being OUT of their territory we actually get to watch almost all of the Phils games, of course we are getting the other teams feed. If your local, I guess Comcast is your only option. Actually an advantage to being out of their territory, go figure.

How can comcast get away with this, I'm a Mets fan and have the MLB package through DTV bcs I'm in comcast territory and don't use comcast can not get philly Mets games??? They don't let DTV to air out these games (What kind of garbage is that or what kind of law or senator can back this up ??) When DTV made a deal with MLB they were all out crying can they look at the mirror before pointing finger to others.
I hope DTV will wipe them out soon and I hope that some right minded people can get behind this.

How can comcast get away with this,.

Comcast doesn't uplink the feed of the Philly sports channel to satellite, therefor, they don't have to make the feed available to D* and E*. Because of this, I read someplace several years ago, probably here, that Philly has one of the smallest satellite subscriber base in the country.

Comcast doesn't uplink the feed of the Philly sports channel to satellite, therefor, they don't have to make the feed available to D* and E*. Because of this, I read someplace several years ago, probably here, that Philly has one of the smallest satellite subscriber base in the country.

Damn right! Comcast practically owns that town. They would definitely take a hit if the local area could get their Phillies without cable.

I purchased EI last night and to be perfectly honest, i've given up trying to figure out the blackout restrictions. Were I live, my area is "claimed" by all of the midwestern teams (KC, Chicago, STL, Milwaukee, and Minnestoa) to be in their home TV market. The primary RSN in my package is Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, so through that outlet, I get the Cubs, and White Sox. Through the sportspack, I get FSN Wisconsin, North, and Midwest free of black out restrictions, well that is until the dispute between D*, E*, and FSN Midwest began.

Last week, during the free MLB EI preview, I had the Royals on channel 648, when the free preview ended, I got a message saying "channel not purchased" whenever the Royals were playing.

So last night, I took the plunge and ordered EI and as what I thought, there were the Royals on channel 648. What's even more odd was that the Twins game was "in the clear" on EI and sports pack, while the Brewers game was blacked out on EI and no were to be found in the sports pack.

What I don't understand is that I thought all local teams were blacked out on EI. If that's the case, why did I just drop $150 mainly to watch the Kansas City Royals, who of all of the 6 midwestern teams that "claim" Des Moines to be each team's respective home market, is the closet to me?

Cardinals back on DirecTV

Note they are not saying if/when FSM will be put on TC w/CSC... ;)

http://www.sj-r.com/sections/sports/stories/112111.asp

A blackout on regular-season St. Louis Cardinals games has been lifted for DirecTV customers.

Representatives from Dish Network weren’t available late Wednesday for comment as to whether that company had reached a similar agreement to air the games as DirecTV.

The announcement came as negotiations continue with FSN Midwest to resolve a dispute that led to blackouts of live Cardinals games for all satellite users since last week’s start of the 2007 season. Geoff Goldman, FSN Midwest’s media relations manager, confirmed that the network is working on a resolution with DirecTV.

FSN Midwest airs a majority of the Cardinals’ 162 regular-season games and seeks designation from both satellite companies as a regional sports network. That would mean satellite subscribers wouldn’t have to pay extra, as they do now, to receive the network in premium-program packages.

Insight, a cable company serving Springfield, Champaign-Urbana, Peoria and Bloomington-Normal, recognizes FSN as a regional sports network along with Comcast SportsNet (which airs Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox games). Cable users have not been affected by the blackouts.

DirecTV channel surfers might have caught FSN Midwest’s broadcast of Wednesday’s Cardinals road game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Channel 660. Wednesday’s game was the first under DirecTV’s temporary agreement with FSN Midwest.

Mercer confirmed that broadcasts would be available on DirecTV’s designated channel spot for FSN Midwest.

The next Cardinals game scheduled for broadcast on FSN Midwest is a home game against the Milwaukee Brewers at 7:10 p.m. Friday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)