MLB EI Superfan, whats next?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Seems to me that after the HD RSN's go national, if you have MLB EI and the sports pack, the MLBEI Superfan will only be useful for the game mix and the whatever that other channel is that I guess goes to the games where something important is going on. The couple of HD games we get everyday on 730-731 will be a thing of the past...right? Looks to me like this will be the last year for SF in baseball. I would think that those two channels will b included in the MLB EI package next year. Am I missing something? Can't wait till next week when we see a bunch of MLB HD every day.

CSR told me last night that you will need SF to get the HD baseball broadcasts so if that holds true I guess that they would black out your HD channel during games so say you were watching the Red Sox out of market unless you subscribe to SF you would be left with the NESN SD channel only during the game.

I hope that's not how it is tho.

Seems to me that after the HD RSN's go national, if you have MLB EI and the sports pack, the MLBEI Superfan will only be useful for the game mix and the whatever that other channel is that I guess goes to the games where something important is going on. The couple of HD games we get everyday on 730-731 will be a thing of the past...right? Looks to me like this will be the last year for SF in baseball. I would think that those two channels will b included in the MLB EI package next year. Am I missing something? Can't wait till next week when we see a bunch of MLB HD every day.

Would be nice to get all EI games in HD by default, but I can't see D* walking away from revenue like that. I haven't seen many games are NOT blacked-out on SD channels (in the 600's). Selective blackouts are already happening.

I think it might be tied to however HD-RSN's are handled. We've all heard that HBO-HD, MAX-HD, Starz-HD are tied to the premium subscription. I have not heard anything about out-of-market RSN's. Clearly you'll get your local RSN in HD, but what about SportsPack subs? Will all the RSN's be HD, or simply the local one? I think the answer to that will be the same for EI games.

SF is a tough one though. I wouldn't be surprised if additional interactive content gets invented to keep the dog-and-pony show running.

What about NHL Center Ice where there isn't even a superfan option? If they blackout all of the HD games on the RSN's forcing you to watch SD, that doesn't make sense at all. If you're paying for the RSN's and the Center Ice package you should be able to watch in HD.

If they don't then they should at least have a superfan option for the NHL! I'll be some ticked off if I go through the change to *D only to NOT be able to watch hockey in HD on the various RSN's!:mad:

If you're paying for the RSN's and the Center Ice package you should be able to watch in HD.

The EI and ST subs have been using that argument for 2 years without any success. D* still manages to require SF for HD games. My bet is that there will be a Center Ice SF option.

If there is in fact a superfan option.....yes. But if they don't I don't think they should shut you out. I'll be surprised if they offer SF for CI this year. They're already taking orders for CI and there is no mention of a SF option.:(

If you get the RSN's it ONLY is available for your local game, all other games will continue to be blacked out.

I personally feel that if you pay extra for a sports package you should NOT be blacked out of ANY GAMES.

Jimbo

If you get the RSN's it ONLY is available for your local game, all other games will continue to be blacked out.

I personally feel that if you pay extra for a sports package you should NOT be blacked out of ANY GAMES.

Jimbo

I agree, if you're buying an out-of-market package. Since games are blacked-out due to league rules, I don't think the RSN's should be sold as a game-less package.

What gets me is when I turn to YES (out-of-market) and get blacked-out for original programming that is NOT games. Documentaries and talk shows are blacked-out. That's BS.

Jimbo

Sure you should be, unless you buy the particular package, ie MLB EI!

In regards to the Center Ice package. Let's say that there is no superfan option. I'm paying for NHL Center Ice and all of the RSN's. If the Washington Capitals are on Comcast Sports Network Mid-atlantic in HD then shouldn't the game be available? I mean what rules could be broken by broadcasting the game? In seems ridiculous to me that the only feed that would be available to Center Ice customers would be some crappy SD feed while they black-out an HD feed. Now if Directv plans on a superfan option then obviously all bets are off but customers shouldn't be punished because *D never offered superfan. I guess time will tell. The Center Ice package can't be compared to EI or ST because both have superfan options for HD games.

What gets me is when I turn to YES (out-of-market) and get blacked-out for original programming that is NOT games. Documentaries and talk shows are blacked-out. That's BS.

No, that's MLBS :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts