Mlb EI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question and i hope that i am in the correct place and if not i appoligize. but my question is that i want some baseball this baseball season. i know that dish network does and will not have the mlb ei this year, and i cant switch to direct since under a contract, but i really like dish network. but my question is that i looked and see that i can get the mlb .. so my question is:

is the mlb tv really worth getting?
if i get it can i access it on any computer or if i'm traveling can i get it any where i have internet on my laptop or can i just access it where i sign up for it?

i really appreciate the help

Yes it is and yes it is. If you can not get EI and you must have games that are not from your local team, than yes it is worth it. Mind you, for me it was tough to watch on a computer compared to let us say a large screen TV, wasn't as comfortable, but, back in the day when so many Phils games were excluded from EI I got the MLB TV and hey, I got to watch the games. If I could have watched them on a 9 inch black and white, I would have. It also worked vry well with my laptop, on the road etc.... Now I guess it has improved , the picture use to be poor at best. But again, that was better than nothing. Along with NFL ST, main reasons I have for being a loyal D* customer.

It is because directv makes many mistakes and the only way to get those games in mlb.tv. Right now on Sundays they don't have the games starting at 3pm eastern on in the schedule. These are supposed to be included all but one Sunday and Directv has listed any of those yet. Secondly, some people don't get every game through indemand or have dish network then mlb.tv is alo necessary to gain access to games.
i have a question and i hope that i am in the correct place and if not i appoligize. but my question is that i want some baseball this baseball season. i know that dish network does and will not have the mlb ei this year, and i cant switch to direct since under a contract, but i really like dish network. but my question is that i looked and see that i can get the mlb .. so my question is:

if i get it can i access it on any computer or if i'm traveling can i get it any where i have internet on my laptop or can i just access it where i sign up for it?

It is because directv makes many mistakes and the only way to get those games in mlb.tv. Right now on Sundays they don't have the games starting at 3pm eastern on in the schedule. These are supposed to be included all but one Sunday and Directv has listed any of those yet. Secondly, some people don't get every game through indemand or have dish network then mlb.tv is alo necessary to gain access to games.

Don't know where you got your information but it is a bunch of HOOEY, sorry.
First off, the schedule was just put up and the times are not even correct yet for the west coast games. If the games are not under the ESPN or FOX black out times on the weekend, they will be on. Second, in aal the years I have had MLB EI, which is from the beginning remember, I have never not had a game on my MLB EI that I was suppose to get. So no, as an add on to MLB EI, I wouldn't suggest mlb.tv. But if you can't get EI, then yes. Now the part about the cable indemand is true, they were not able to show every game that D* had on MLB EI, most but not every, they seemed to have a limit and if it was a full schedule there was usually 2 that they couldn't fit in, not sure about this year.

First off, the schedule was just put up and the times are not even correct yet for the west coast games. If the games are not under the ESPN or FOX black out times on the weekend, they will be on. Second, in aal the years I have had MLB EI, which is from the beginning remember, I have never not had a game on my MLB EI that I was suppose to get.

From Directv.com's MLB Extra Innings schedule as of Friday, April 4, 2008 at 4:55am Eastern time, here is Sunday's entire current listing:

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rays at Yankees (Rays Feed) 1:00 pm
Rays at Yankees (Bonus Cam Feed) 1:00 pm
Red Sox at Blue Jays (Red Sox Feed) 1:00 pm
Phillies at Reds (Reds Feed) 1:00 pm
Pirates at Marlins (Marlins Feed) 1:30 pm
Mets at Braves (Mets Feed) 1:30 pm
Mets at Braves (Braves Feed) 1:30 pm
Mariners at Orioles (Mariners Feed) 1:30 pm
Giants at Brewers (Giants Feed) 2:00 pm
Giants at Brewers (Brewers Feed) 2:00 pm
Royals at Twins (Royals Feed) 2:00 pm
Royals at Twins 2:00 pm
Royals at Twins (Royals Feed) 2:00 pm

Second, in aal the years I have had MLB EI, which is from the beginning remember, I have never not had a game on my MLB EI that I was suppose to get. So no, as an add on to MLB EI, I wouldn't suggest mlb.tv.

I don't want to start an argument because I don't post here much, but there have been plenty of missed games/blackouts in EI since 1996 the 1st year of EI. You must not watch too closely or very often.

MLB.TV is great for work or those feeds you can't get in EI (KCAL/KCOP/WPIX/WPSG) especially if you are a fan of a team of one of those stations in that city.

I don't want to start an argument because I don't post here much, but there have been plenty of missed games/blackouts in EI since 1996 the 1st year of EI. You must not watch too closely or very often.

MLB.TV is great for work or those feeds you can't get in EI (KCAL/KCOP/WPIX/WPSG) especially if you are a fan of a team of one of those stations in that city.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing about the uses for MLB.tv. And yes, there are Blackouts on MLB EI per the blackout restrictions. Missed games? They don't say that they have every game like MLB.TV does. I conclude that missed games are the games that they have posted on their schedule that for some reason or another they didn't have. I have probably seen as much EI as anyone in these forums and I don't recall games that they were suppose to have that they just didn't put up. Now if you want to go way back, heck yes, they didn't have nearly the amount of games back then that they do now, didn't have as many last year as they do this year. I guess the term missed games could be seen as games they didn't ever have posted as on EI, I don't see it that way.

I have had MLB.tv since 2005, and I love it. Not only does MLB.tv offer every game (except Fox Saturday & ESPN Sunday nights), MLB.tv has one thing that MLBEI does not. MLB.tv archives every game, and has access to every game going back to 2005. You do not need to worry about recording games. You can even click on a half inning on the box score and watch just that half inning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)