Status
Please reply by conversation.

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
Just curious,

where do they get the MLB Extra Innings feeds from? Do they just mirror the game from the appropriate RSN(Unless its CSN Philly)? The reason I ask is because I have been watching the games on the MLB Extra Innings channel instead of the RSN channel(I have the sports pack) and I've noticed a couple of times the image/sound freezing when I am viewing the game on the MLB Extra Innings channel, and I have watched games end-to-end before on the RSN(662 STOHD) itself and that has not happened before. I am watching 722-1 at the moment(White Sox @ Indians/STOHD Feed)

For Directv: As best I understand all feeds that can be remapped are remapped (FSDetroit, YES, CSN Bay Area, Etc.), and all that aren't come from MLB (Rogers Sportsnet, CSN Philadelphia, Etc).

i got dumb question on this, when they do there remaping why not WGNHD? i always see WGNSD in the extra innings package don't ask me why

HD is a remap in my understanding. I'm not sure about DirecTV, on cable SD is provided by the EI service.
On DirecTV it is remapped. On cable it is iNDemand. That is why DirecTV is able to provide much more coverage than cable since DirecTV already carries each game in HD and both feeds of each game.

DodgerKing said:
On DirecTV it is remapped. On cable it is iNDemand. That is why DirecTV is able to provide much more coverage than cable since DirecTV already carries each game in HD and both feeds of each game.

That's what I thought. I know that cable's version of all out of market services suck for HD.

InDemand was to expand the amount of HD channels for MLB and other sports late last year to 9 HD channels, but so far I've only seen 1 cable system in the Atlanta area that has 6, 1 in Chicago that has 5, and the rest with 2-3 only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)