MLB Extra Innings 2012 Now Available

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is way too much for me. I am going to stick with MLB.TV Premium for half of that price.

More games to watch
More games in HD
More sources to watch games (game consoles, computers, tablets, mobile phones)
Available anywhere you have internet or 3G service
Available all year long, including the off-season

Yes, although the PQ is not as good as DirecTV, it is still very good and not that noticeable (depending on your network and your streaming device)

Called DirecTV and asked them if they could match the MLB.TV price and they said they couldn't.

Called three times today to see if they can give me any deal, and no dice at all.

If they cannot match MLB.TV, then I will just stick with MLB.TV for this year again.

The only reason I would prefer EI over MLB.TV if it were the same price is due to convenience of switching between a game and regular TV. With a SlingBox I will be able to stream my EI to just about everywhere, except work.

I'm with ya... I've yet to call.. Will do so tomorrow.. Will tell them that I'll be subscribing to Direct kick as well.

Called today and the guy flat-out lied to me. He said they do not and cannot give discounts on sports subscriptions and never have been allowed to do so. I told him that I understand if he wasn't able to do so, but don't tell me DirecTV cannot do so and never has done so when I have been offered discounts in the past directly from DirecTV (not an outside source) and others have been given discounts as well.

It is fine if they do not want to give me a deal, I understand that and do not expect it (I am just trying to negotiate to see if they are willing), but please to not lie about it.

I know what is going to happen as it happens just about every time. Right after I renew my MLB.TV subscription which is nonrefundable, DirecTV will call to offer me a discount, and by then it will be too late. I will tell them if they offered it to me when I called they would have my money, but now they get nothing as it is too late.

Oh well. MLB.TV has more to offer for less money and thus has more positives than EI. I am quite happy paying less for more and for more viewing options. It is worth the try to see what they can do.

I am a Dish customer but I'm pretty sure I will also be getting MLB.TV this season for my PS3. I would rather have EI but Dish doesn't offer it and I don't plan on switching unless Directv gives it away free for new customers like they did with Sunday Ticket this season. Even then its only a maybe.

I've never subscribed to an out of market sports package before but MLB.TV seems like a great deal. There are games every night of the week and for $120 or whatever it costs you can't beat it.

I am a Dish customer but I'm pretty sure I will also be getting MLB.TV this season for my PS3. I would rather have EI but Dish doesn't offer it and I don't plan on switching unless Directv gives it away free for new customers like they did with Sunday Ticket this season. Even then its only a maybe.

I've never subscribed to an out of market sports package before but MLB.TV seems like a great deal. There are games every night of the week and for $120 or whatever it costs you can't beat it.

EI is $209, right ?

i am on auto renewal from last year. to me this is worth it as comcast limits my bandwidth to 250gb a month.

EI is $209, right ?

Yeah someone else mentioned that EI through Directv was $209. Dish doesn't offer EI so I was talking about MLB.TV which was $119 for the season last year I believe. I have never had it before but I plan on getting it this season. From what I hear you get both feeds of every game in HD on your TV through a PS3 or a few other devices.

If I did have Directv I would probably pay the extra $90 and get EI. I would assume the picture quality would be at least slightly better. The main reason I would pay the extra $90 is because I like to switch to other sporting events or whatever during commercial breaks of the main game I am watching. This just wouldn't be convenient when you have to switch inputs between the PS3 and satellite receiver.

i be calling direc about a deal.i had mib last two season and enjoys it very much.

Yeah someone else mentioned that EI through Directv was $209. Dish doesn't offer EI so I was talking about MLB.TV which was $119 for the season last year I believe. I have never had it before but I plan on getting it this season. From what I hear you get both feeds of every game in HD on your TV through a PS3 or a few other devices.
That is how I did it. Even though the PQ through DirecTV was better, the PQ was still pretty damn good streaming through the PS3 on my big screen.

The only issue I had last year was that damn PS3 shutdown due to that hacker occurred during the baseball season. That really pissed me off.
If I did have Directv I would probably pay the extra $90 and get EI. I would assume the picture quality would be at least slightly better. The main reason I would pay the extra $90 is because I like to switch to other sporting events or whatever during commercial breaks of the main game I am watching. This just wouldn't be convenient when you have to switch inputs between the PS3 and satellite receiver.
It is slightly better, but not $90 better. Plus you get much much more in the way of options with MLB.TV that EI does not provide:

Viewing archived games, even during the off-season
More game broadcast
More viewing options, gaming consoles, computers, mobile devices, tablets
Audio broadcasts (this is free with the phone APPs) and I believe free on-line
Postseason games (If you have a location spoofer, you will be able to watch the games live)
Saturday game choices once archived (live with location spoofer)
Able to watch games outside of your house if you can get internet or 3G access without having to sling it (for me my Slingbox is blocked at work but MLB.TV is not)
PIP on your computer with up to 4 live games at a time

The location spoofer is the main reason I JB my phone and iPad.

The only thing I prefer about IE besides the slightly better PQ (which is not very noticable anyway) is the fact that I do not have to switch inputs to change between EI games and other programming, and the EI gamemix is much better than MLB.TV.

Hey Dodger,

Do you know if that off-season stuff you mentioned is included in the yearly price? I see that 2012 isn't on sale yet but they are offering an off-season price of $25.

Do they put the season package up before these Spring training games start or do they wait for the regular season. The reason I ask is because last year I know there were several Tigers Spring training games on MLB.TV that weren't available on FSN Detroit. I would gladly pay the season price at the beginning of March and get my baseball fix in early but I won't pay $25 just to watch a couple spring training games.

Hey Dodger,

Do you know if that off-season stuff you mentioned is included in the yearly price? I see that 2012 isn't on sale yet but they are offering an off-season price of $25.

Do they put the season package up before these Spring training games start or do they wait for the regular season. The reason I ask is because last year I know there were several Tigers Spring training games on MLB.TV that weren't available on FSN Detroit. I would gladly pay the season price at the beginning of March and get my baseball fix in early but I won't pay $25 just to watch a couple spring training games.
I don't know. I have never signed up for the offseason only package. I do know that the offseason is available with the regular season package.

Yeah I saw that but would this years spring training be included in this years subscription or would that only be for last years subscribers?

king3pj said:
Yeah I saw that but would this years spring training be included in this years subscription or would that only be for last years subscribers?

I honestly cannot remember when the season starts. Since I will be continuing, I don't won't know when 2011 ends and 2012 starts.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

direct had it on for spring training games last year. i have friend at work who has directv and i had comcast EI at that time and he was bragging that it was on for spring training. comcast of course did not turn theirs on till april 1 last year

D* offered me EI for 175 and I'll accept this for now.. I'll see if I don't talk myself out of it before the season get's underway.. I also have(besides a ps3+computer) a smart TV now with MLB being one of the options..

Is there even an MLB.tv price for 2012 yet? You'd think Direct TV would attempt to be more competitive with their pricing..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)