MLB Network alternate feed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
Today during my daily obsessive new channel check at 6 am, I noticed there is "MLB Network alternate feed" on 214 and 214-1 (HD). Whats with that?

in case you are blacked out of the game of the week, they are suppose to be providing an alternate game.

ESPN doesn't black out the game of the week

The game that's blacked out is the local game. You can see that local game on your local RSN. No need for 2 stations carrying the same game when you can only watch one.

If they will broadcast an alternative game to the local team, this will give local viewers another option. Every one wins.

Yes they do. If your team is on ESPN any time during the week (except Sunday), they WILL be blacked out. The only game that is never blacked out is Sunday Night baseball, per agreement (as this is the only broadcast of the only game on at that time).

Yes they do. If your team is on ESPN any time during the week (except Sunday), they WILL be blacked out. The only game that is never blacked out is Sunday Night baseball, per agreement (as this is the only broadcast of the only game on at that time).

They do OCCASIONALLY have local teams on during the week. I forget what they call it, "no blackout Thursday" or something lame like that.

They do OCCASIONALLY have local teams on during the week. I forget what they call it, "no blackout Thursday" or something lame like that.
If the Dodgers or Angels are on ESPN on any day except Sunday, they are always blacked out here as every single game, except those on Sunday Night ESPN, and Saturday Fox, are broadcast on either a local channel or their respective RSN.

Something else to add: Different contractual agreements result in differences in the way programs are broadcast. There is a reason why Fox Saturday baseball is the ONLY game on at the time while ESPN and MLBNet is broadcasting one of many games at a particular time.

The guide says 1-800-GET-SPORTS. Does that mean MLB Extra Innings is needed to watch alternate feed? Is it an MLB Network produced game or an RSN one?

The MLB Network Saturday game is the Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks.

The alternate game is Cubs vs. Brewers.

It is either like said above where the second game is for viewers that are in the Dodger/Diamondback home markets and thus blacked out, or perhaps it will be open to everyone. We'll know tommorrow.

Either way, more games is better, no matter how you slice it.

The MLB Network Saturday game is the Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks.

The alternate game is Cubs vs. Brewers.

It is either like said above where the second game is for viewers that are in the Dodger/Diamondback home markets and thus blacked out, or perhaps it will be open to everyone. We'll know tommorrow.

Either way, more games is better, no matter how you slice it.

That is probably why the Cubs games shows in my guide on 214, since I am in the LA DMA?

Does that mean MLB Extra Innings is needed to watch alternate feed? Is it an MLB Network produced game or an RSN one?
I don't know yet. I doubt you need EI. I think it is an RSN one that MLBnet will simply broadcast on their channel. I could be wrong though.

they did that during spring training so maybe you're right.

So does everyone get the alternate or just blacked out people?
I am assuming it is only for those that are blacked out, but I could be wrong. We will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts