MLB network

I wouldn't call it whining and bitching; I would call it questioning, and confusion. Most of the post are from people not understanding the silly MLBNetwork coverage rules. They cannot understand why their area is blacked out.
During the free preview the black out rules are different. When there are back to back games, all 4 team's territories will be blacked out for both games.

Another example? Do you really want to go down that road?

Point to an example of another (I know you mean myself) doing said thing. Tell me how I was wrong about anything I stated, particularly my whole point of posting important information because I knew there will be a lot of confusion and questions about blackouts and people annoyed because they lack the alternate channel. Show me how my posts were not intended to be helpful. Show me how I am not using my own knowledge of this channel to help out and inform my Dish friends of what to expect.

The only reason why I am posting here is because I like to help others and share my knowledge. Just as I like it when others help me and share their knowledge (which is why I also ask a lot of questions). I actually find it a little offensive that you take offense to others going out of their way to help out. You sound like some of my students who get upset because I have the audacity to actually teach them some math.

There you go feeling all guilty again when no one even insinuated it was you or even brought up your name.
You have actually come here and given helpful information and been able to educate people on the MLBNetwork then you go and get all freaked out when people comment about someone and it isn't even about you.
You and I don't get along and don't agree on anything (except for the Dodgers, ironically) but you have actually been real helpful concerning this channel, so quit being so damned paranoid...

There you go feeling all guilty again when no one even insinuated it was you or even brought up your name.
You have actually come here and given helpful information and been able to educate people on the MLBNetwork then you go and get all freaked out when people comment about someone and it isn't even about you.
You and I don't get along and don't agree on anything (except for the Dodgers, ironically) but you have actually been real helpful concerning this channel, so quit being so damned paranoid...
Cosmo and I already went back and forth once in this thread and it was about me. Since I am the only Direct sub commenting in this thread, how else should I have interpreted, "...your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread trying to turn it into a war zone discussion." Who or what is this other example he is speaking of?

Here was our exchange a few days back and it was directed at me. It stands to reason that this would be as well
Funny thing, some aren't even Dish subs....

Which then means it is impossible to bitch about something that has no bearing on said people, right?

Interesting thing is I posted FACTS that other have already found valuable and cleared up questions they may have had. You can call it bitching, I call it informing

I guarantee you that there will be countless threads asking why they cannot see a certain game or why are the games blacked out half of the time. By informing them now that without the alternate channel the blacked out areas will not be able to see the alternate games, hopefully will give people information ahead of time so they know what to expect. Without the alternate channel everyone will miss games half of the time. Which games are missed are dependent on where you live.

It's been proven to be possible, right here in this thread. I guess we Dish subs should appreciate your concern for the lack of an alternate channel, proven at this point because you're the top poster in this thread.

For now I'll enjoy the lonely MLB Network channel that we just received and worry about watching an alternate channel sometime down the road.

Thanks for the information!! :up

By posting important information on one of my favorite channels proves I am bitching? It only proves that I am very knowledgeable when it comes to this channel and I am very glad to help out others (which is probably why I am a teacher). It is baseball that draws me to this thread and my willingness to help. It is not Dish, Direct, no you.

The only two Dish subs having issues with what I posted are the two that seem to have issues whenever some non Dish sub posts. The others are appreciative. If you don't find the info valuable, then why post anything at all? No need to turn this into a thread about me

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you're offended when the response you're quoting wasn't even directed to you. :confused:

Please go back and re-read Bob's post and let me know what is educational in it.
I know we already did go back and forth in this thread and our prior exchange was about me. I figured this one was as well since I am the only Direct sub commenting and you stated, "...another example of a D* sub...". If not, then I apologize.

People are paying for the alternate channel. They should get it, but thats the thing with dish they love to not give you programming that your paying for. Have your bills gone down sense Disney HD channels went away? Your still paying for them, and nothing has been uplinked to replace them. Same goes for HDRSN's. You pay a HD fee, unless your free for life, You pay for the RSN in your package. You should be entitled to have your RSN in HD all the time! Dish loves to nickel and dime you but they don't have the common curtsy to give back to the sub. When they do, its not done right. Subs have a right to be pissed. Channels packages aside, when you compare the two providers, one is a gold standard of TV (Directv) in my oppinoion, and the other is the Kmart of TV (Dish). You get what you pay for, and if you go cheap then you get cheap. The problem is that dish needs to stop being so cheap and become the Target of TV in providing good quality selections with good programming options across the board. Not this we will be cheap here but not here crap. If they became the Target of TV then they would have a lot of repeat business instead of people leaving. Two places they can start with is the RSN's and killing the DVR fees!

Is a la carte available for MLBN?? That's the only way I know of to pay for a specific channel. A week ago we (Dish subs) didn't have MLBN, today we do. AFAIK we are not paying any more for it, or the apparently very essential alternate channel.

Thanks Bob, your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread trying to turn it into a war zone discussion. Things must be real boring over there... :eek:

Another example? Do you really want to go down that road?

Point to an example of another (I know you mean myself) doing said thing. Tell me how I was wrong about anything I stated, particularly my whole point of posting important information because I knew there will be a lot of confusion and questions about blackouts and people annoyed because they lack the alternate channel. Show me how my posts were not intended to be helpful. Show me how I am not using my own knowledge of this channel to help out and inform my Dish friends of what to expect.

The only reason why I am posting here is because I like to help others and share my knowledge. Just as I like it when others help me and share their knowledge (which is why I also ask a lot of questions). I actually find it a little offensive that you take offense to others going out of their way to help out. You sound like some of my students who get upset because I have the audacity to actually teach them some math.

I'm not sure why you're offended when the response you're quoting wasn't even directed to you. :confused:

Please go back and re-read Bob's post and let me know what is educational in it.

Cosmo and I already went back and forth once in this thread and it was about me. Since I am the only Direct sub commenting in this thread, how else should I have interpreted, "...your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread trying to turn it into a war zone discussion." Who or what is this other example he is speaking of?

You are not the only DirecTV customer posting in this thread. Read the entire thread, at least what I have put here, and have a little reasoning....

I know we already did go back and forth in this thread and our prior exchange was about me. I figured this one was as well since I am the only Direct sub commenting and you stated, "...another example of a D* sub...". If not, then I apologize.

No problem, but I thought I made it pretty clear by whose post I quoted (K9SAT), and when I said:

your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread ...
I was referring to many threads, not this one.

You have given information in your posts, whereas Bob has only tried to bring down the level of discussion.

No problem, but I thought I made it pretty clear by whose post I quoted (K9SAT), and when I said:

I was referring to many threads, not this one.

You have given information in your posts, whereas Bob has only tried to bring down the level of discussion.
:up:up

During the free preview the black out rules are different. When there are back to back games, all 4 team's territories will be blacked out for both games.

Blackout rules arnt different with Directv when they have free previews. Then again Directv offers the alt channel so when one is blacked out on one, they are not blacked out on the other.

How can we be paying for Disney HD and not be getting it when HD is free? Yes we don't get it but we aren't getting less for the money do to the free HD

You pay for disney as apart of your package (top what ever) , and you pay an HD fee unless your free for life.

Is a la carte available for MLBN?? That's the only way I know of to pay for a specific channel. A week ago we (Dish subs) didn't have MLBN, today we do. AFAIK we are not paying any more for it, or the apparently very essential alternate channel.

Thanks Bob, your post is just another example of a D* sub pissing on an E* thread trying to turn it into a war zone discussion. Things must be real boring over there... :eek:

I'm not going to comment on this one.. No point in wasting my energy!

Blackout rules arnt different with Directv when they have free previews. Then again Directv offers the alt channel so when one is blacked out on one, they are not blacked out on the other.
I don't believe it is different with Dish either. I think ZachS may be incorrect or was given incorrect information. It simply comes down to MLBNet weird coverage rules on top of MLB weird blackout rules. I don't blame ZachS or Dish from being confused here as MLBNet's coverage is confusion

K9SAT said:
You pay for disney as apart of your package (top what ever) , and you pay an HD fee unless your free for life.

I'm not going to comment on this one.. No point in wasting my energy!

Bob,

You're missing the point. Disney was providing the HD feed without charging extra beyond the price to provide SD (like Disney treats all other broadcasters). They wanted a separate fee for HD, Dish refused, and the channels were pulled by Disney. At the time that happened, there was no additional cost for Disney HD that consumers were paying, it was all built into the SD price. So Disney cutting off the HD feeds did not save Dish any money, so why would savings be passed on to the consumers?

Also, you can pay Dish whatever fees you want for Disney in SD and an HD package, that doesn't mean they can offer consumers the Disney channels in HD without Disney's approval.

DodgerKing said:
I don't believe it is different with Dish either. I think ZachS may be incorrect or was given incorrect information. It simply comes down to MLBNet weird coverage rules on top of MLB weird blackout rules. I don't blame ZachS or Dish from being confused here as MLBNet's coverage is confusion

I just want to point out that this is all speculation. The channel was just added, so the extended blackout rule for the initial free preview that ZachS mentioned might have been written into the contract. None of us know.

I just want to point out that this is all speculation. The channel was just added, so the extended blackout rule for the initial free preview that ZachS mentioned might have been written into the contract. None of us know.
Blackout rules are beyond provider and network agreement. They are MLB rules that must be implemented regardless of provider. The additional coverage broadcast that MLBNet has in place is no different that what is with the other providers. The games carried on MLBNet in one area on Dish are the same as on any other provider. The only difference is the Dish subs cannot watch the alternate game if the main game is not shown in their area

I know I was upset when MLBN went live primarily cause after the red sox game (IM BOSTON Dma), I wanted to watch the dbacks game and low and behold it was blacked out.
Of course our friend from the other sat network explained the situation in very plain english. I'm over it, don't like it, but I overall we r happy with Dish and happy to have MLBN even if we don't have the MLBN ALT channel yet (will we ever?).
Not sure hoq this ended up being a dish vs direct thing anyway. It is a given tbat direct is very sports oriented and dish is not.
Can't we all just get along?

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

dangue said:
Bob,

You're missing the point. Disney was providing the HD feed without charging extra beyond the price to provide SD (like Disney treats all other broadcasters). They wanted a separate fee for HD, Dish refused, and the channels were pulled by Disney. At the time that happened, there was no additional cost for Disney HD that consumers were paying, it was all built into the SD price. So Disney cutting off the HD feeds did not save Dish any money, so why would savings be passed on to the consumers?

Also, you can pay Dish whatever fees you want for Disney in SD and an HD package, that doesn't mean they can offer consumers the Disney channels in HD without Disney's approval.

No the point is that dish charges customers who are not free for life extra for hd!!!!! So those customers should be entitled to get every channel they pay for as apart of there package in HD as that's what they pay the fee for! Disney had a right to ask for the extra fees as dish was charging there customers extra for their hd feed so Disney pulled onto dish what dish is doing to their customers! Dish didnt want to pay!

What I'm saying is if you pay an fee for HD then you should get every channel that is in your package in hd unless if the provider doesn't have an hd channel! This concept is a double edged sward as directv should do the same also!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)