MLB news

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Vern Rule passed away over the weekend. He was the Reds pitching coach at the beginning of the year last year before he came down with cancer.

Steroids were against the law...does not matter what Baseballs rules were it was a controlled substance, used illegally, and not administered by a doctor.
Andro is a steroid, but was not against the law. If you have ever taken ibuprofin, you have taken a similar steroid.

Are you kidding? Ibuprofen is NOT a steroid it is an NSAID, which stands for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.

Correct,
However most people when they get sick and go to the doctor to get rid of the nasty cold, many times you are given a steriod as part of the prescription, but you never know what it actually is, unless you looked into it or asked.

That said, IF you are prescribed the steroid, it is leagal for you to have.

Jimbo

Correct,
However most people when they get sick and go to the doctor to get rid of the nasty cold, many times you are given a steriod as part of the prescription, but you never know what it actually is, unless you looked into it or asked.

That said, IF you are prescribed the steroid, it is leagal for you to have.

Jimbo

That's true, my son was prescribed steroids for respiratory distress when he was 6 months old. Good doctors are often cautious and weigh the possibilities before prescribing steroids, they don't take steroids lightly, I have never been prescribed one.

I about fell out of my chair when I read that Bogy said Ibuprofen is a steroid. I don't think it is even legal to buy steroids over the counter. And I know for a fact Ibuprofen is not a steroid.

That's true, my son was prescribed steroids for respiratory distress when he was 6 months old. Good doctors are often cautious and weigh the possibilities before prescribing steroids, they don't take steroids lightly, I have never been prescribed one.

I about fell out of my chair when I read that Bogy said Ibuprofen is a steroid. I don't think it is even legal to buy steroids over the counter. And I know for a fact Ibuprofen is not a steroid.

I do believe you cannot legally get steroid without a doctors prescription.

I guess he didn't want to come to Pittsburgh, they were only offering a 1 year deal.

Plus who in there right mind would want to come and play for the Pirates.:(

I doubt that many players would go for a 1 year agreement, unless there were special circumstances.

Most want at least 2 years, kinda like a security blanket ...

Jimbo

I doubt that many players would go for a 1 year agreement, unless there were special circumstances.

Most want at least 2 years, kinda like a security blanket ...

Jimbo

The Pirates paid Shawn Chacon 3.7 million for 1 year, don't know how good he'll be, hopefully better than last year.

So who do you guys and gals think will make the playoffs this year. I got to say that last year was a very surprising year for my Reds. I always root for them to win every game but I didn't expect them to be as good as they were, so this year I am hoping for more. 3 more wins last year and they would have been division champs.

AL East
Boston, Yanks & Toronto are the only teams that can compete in that division. Neither Baltimore or Tampa Bay did anything worth to impress us.

AL West:

The As lost B. Zito. but they have found ways to replace these type of guys before (Hudson and Mulder). I have to say that the Rangers gave us a good surprise but it will only last this year if they can get something out Cagne. The Mariners are in the same boat as last year so I expect the same race as last year --- As, Angels, and Rangers. None of these teams did anything outstanding to give you the impression that they want to win their division.

AL Central:

This has to be the must fun division (according to last year) to watch this year. Tigers, Indians, Twins, White Sox... sounds like a bunch of good teams all in one divisioin. The White Sox may look like the favorite but they have come down from their days of flying high. The Tigers have the pressure of proving that it was just not just last year and that they can do it again. The Twins will be there till the end and the Indians are going to be the surprise.

NL East

The Mets are a strange team. No Pedro ---> no pitching... they have a bunch of 40 year old players. Can the magic return this year? We will have to wait and see. The Marlins have talent but can the new skipper put it all together like Giraldi did last year? Where do the Braves fit into this? no one knows. They have been scrambling for the past two years... Philies can they repeat the heroics of last year?

NL Central

Who can defeat the Cards? Cubs, Reds, and the others...? I do not know.

NL W

why bother????

AL Central:

This has to be the must fun division (according to last year) to watch this year. Tigers, Indians, Twins, White Sox... sounds like a bunch of good teams all in one divisioin. The White Sox may look like the favorite but they have come down from their days of flying high. The Tigers have the pressure of proving that it was just not just last year and that they can do it again. The Twins will be there till the end and the Indians are going to be the surprise.

How the AL Central has changed, It wasn't all that long ago that the AL Central was considered a laughing stock.

I am hopeing the Tigers do come out and prove that last year was not a fluke.
I do think that we will know early in the year. If the pitching continues to be solid then we will know they will be around. I think thier offense will be better this year than last.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)