MLB Playoffs

hagar02

Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I have been looking but don't see much discussion related to the MLB Playoffs on TBS. Does anyone know of any plans to bring TBS-HD on board for the playoffs which start next week? I am sure the agreement with TBS and MLB had to include a HD offering or they would not have moved it all to TBS, but is this another E* dissing MLB?

:mad:

I have been looking but don't see much discussion related to the MLB Playoffs on TBS. Does anyone know of any plans to bring TBS-HD on board for the playoffs which start next week? I am sure the agreement with TBS and MLB had to include a HD offering or they would not have moved it all to TBS, but is this another E* dissing MLB?

:mad:

More like E* dissing their customers...again!

Here we go again, griping about what hasn't happened, worrying about what's to come. Some people just need to worry, I guess.

Sounds just like the whining about Big Ten Network - give it a rest.

Not Here

Sorry man, but no whining here, just looking for any info about E* getting on board for the MLB playoffs or not? Having to watch all of the games in SD is definitely not desirable by anyone after getting them in HD that last few years!? Any info anyone can provide is certainly appreciated.

Sorry man, but no whining here, just looking for any info about E* getting on board for the MLB playoffs or not? Having to watch all of the games in SD is definitely not desirable by anyone after getting them in HD that last few years!? Any info anyone can provide is certainly appreciated.

I 100% agree! This is serious! I will never forgive Dish if they get this done on time. ALL MLB PLAYOFFS, CHAMPIONSHIPS AND WORLD SERIES MUST BE AVAILABLE IN HD! NOTHING LESS WILL DO!!

PS.. I am great at never forgiving. Just ask my ex-wife. 11 years ago and still counting. Forever.

Don't quite understand how MLB would give DirecTv exclusive rights to TBS for the playoffs and not include Dish the right to broadcast in HD! Is the problem Dish or MLB?

Don't quite understand how MLB would give DirecTv exclusive rights to TBS for the playoffs and not include Dish the right to broadcast in HD! Is the problem Dish or MLB?

There are no exclusive rights for Directv. Several cable systems have already signed on with TBS-HD. If Dish doesn't get it before the playoffs it will be because Dish didn't get a deal inked yet.

Here we go again, griping about what hasn't happened, worrying about what's to come. Some people just need to worry, I guess.

Sounds just like the whining about Big Ten Network - give it a rest.

I guess you have everything you want down there in TX Jim?

I have a right to complain. I have a lot of time (10+ years as a top tier customer) and money invested in my system and a bunch of promises that Dish will continue to be the “HD Leader”. And before you say they still are…

We have 4 RSN’s here and only one (a few home games) in HD. Two others in SD only, and one other that’s not even available. Now, without TBS-HD, we lose again.

You can’t just stick your head in the sand, as does dish, and expect everything to cost the same in everywhere in this country. Just as an ice cream cone costs more in Manhattan than in Lubbock, programming costs (and everything else) here in the northeast are more expensive. As another example, I would imagine my electric bill is four times yours.

So while we subsidize the sports programming costs of other parts of the country (Colorado seems to get all of their HD), New York and Boston as well as others get screwed.

So before you tell me to switch, I will tell you that, I would rather “whine” to the cheap ownership of this company in an effort to get them to provide more HD to the northeast first.

OK?

Stu

in emxico
fo sprots mexico wodul air national league games
espn internaional/espn 2 american elague gmes

New mexico entwrok cadena 3 air oen gamea weak dont now opentv situion in mxico tehse year

in teh apst telvia air divisonal sereis and worldseries, but teh la eyar tehy ahev only show teh world series8how i msis ferndo valebnzula days, very agem of ferndo wa son open tv9

so ethse ya h situion si unknow for emxico at ope tv forpelyoffd hwo tehs en network ith righ codul interfeer 8tehse si onlya lcoal chanel rtetd as network)

I'm certainly not looking to complain (although that's exactly what I'm doing) but I have been a DISH customer for several years as well. In fact, I subscribed in my first apartment when I was 18 and have had it up until now (which has been seven years) and, in all honesty, I feel as though DISH is dropping the ball quite a bit. I've continued to stick with them because I'm generally pretty loyal in regards to business deals -- not to mention the amount of money I would have to invest in another satellite provider.

Still, though, I'm seriously considering the leap to DirecTV. It was one thing to lose MLB Extra Innings -- and I'm not 100% positive on how things happened, because it hurt to lose access to all of the out of market teams I have followed my entire life. I can no longer really follow the Yankees, Blue Jays, or Rockies because I'm out of market. Sure, a move can help a lot of this but I'm out of luck there when it comes to the Yankees or the Blue Jays and even if I do move to see the Rockies, it's going to be a minor inconveinence because it's going to shift my program guide backwards. I had thought that MLB.TV would help but I cannot get a feed to any game live and have to go back and watch the archive the next day or after the game has ended.

And I guess I should have probably never had access to the Los Angeles locals to begin with but, man, it hurt to lose those. I know that no amount of news that took place out there really applied to me but it was so fun to get caught up in their environment and the police chases, entertainment news, etc. I still miss those networks like you wouldn't believe and, even though it's over said and done with, I am still a little bitter over losing those.

I can't speak on the HD because, unlike a lot of the guys around here, I've never even watched a program in HD. It's been SD for me all along...

The customer service experiences I have had with DISH have been terrible and, honestly, if I get a CSR I cannot understand, I just hang up the phone and keep calling until I get somebody else but, come on, that's not good customer service and it presents so many inconveinences for the customer. (I'm lucky that I pay annually and rarely make programming changes).

The choice package through DirecTV looks to be $49.99 / month after the initial four-month period but it does include locals and at least then I'd have access to the sports packages. I'm not so concerned about the NFL because I have just purchased and am in the process of having StarChoice activated for that...

Cade

hopefully im not saying anything against the law but you may not have to much in equpment costs. i think you can use a "dish" dish for directv. you'll just need the receiver. it looks like you pay annualy from previous posts so you''ll want to wait until that's up with dish if you do change. i'm not sure if directv offers any incentives or discounts to pay annualy rather than by a month. anybody know?

hopefully im not saying anything against the law but you may not have to much in equpment costs. i think you can use a "dish" dish for directv. you'll just need the receiver. it looks like you pay annualy from previous posts so you''ll want to wait until that's up with dish if you do change. i'm not sure if directv offers any incentives or discounts to pay annualy rather than by a month. anybody know?

Thanks... I'll probably remain with DISH a little longer, though. I guess it's just a matter of being used to them. And you're right: Currently, I do pay annually but I think I'll be better off dropping AT200 and the Encore Movie Package and just going with the AT250 where Encore and a few other movie stations are included (not to mention VS).

I also like being able to get two sets of locals and, should I want a third, I could probably get them from Charlotte (I moved earlier in the baseball season to Charlotte and get a handful of MLB teams -- Braves (my home team), Orioles, Nationals, and Reds). Oh, and not to mention the couple of Yankees games on WWOR and some NBA games on KTLA.

I've never kept it (Charlotte locals) through hockey season: Does anybody know which NHL team I can watch? I'm assuming (from the RSNs I have) the Thrashers, Hurricanes, and MAYBE the Capitals?

Cade

So while we subsidize the sports programming costs of other parts of the country (Colorado seems to get all of their HD), New York and Boston as well as others get screwed.

I now what you mean. No RSNs or locals for us. It really is not far that we pay the same as others and get less.

But, I have been watching the Red Sox on an over compressed SD signal all year so not watching playoff games in SD on TBS will not look any different to me, it might even look better.

I am very grateful that I don't care about MLB, HD or not as the rest of you who just can't get over it!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts