MLB Strike Zone channel a joke?

rkh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Texas
Anyone know what the broadcast rules/goals are for this channel? I guess I've been spoiled by Red Zone where they have a hard fast cut off time for the broadcast, explain it when it might apply, but seldom ever have to make use of it. As a result, 99.99% of the time you get to see every game till it's over.
The few times I've watched Strike Zone, they seem to end the broadcast when they get tired of covering games for the night. Tonight there were 3 or 4 games in extra innings when they signed off.

Anyone know what the broadcast rules/goals are for this channel? I guess I've been spoiled by Red Zone where they have a hard fast cut off time for the broadcast, explain it when it might apply, but seldom ever have to make use of it. As a result, 99.99% of the time you get to see every game till it's over.
The few times I've watched Strike Zone, they seem to end the broadcast when they get tired of covering games for the night. Tonight there were 3 or 4 games in extra innings when they signed off.
This is why I prefer the MLB Mix channel on Directv. They have up to eight games at a time on the screen, and they keep showing the games until they are over.

Looks like that requires an MLB Extra Innings subscription which I could also get with Dish.

Strike Zone runs until MLB Network's game that night is finished and they switch to MLB Tonight (a bit of a Strike Zone lite but with more studio time and commercials). On non SZ nights MLB Tonight is airing during the frame that SZ would air thus not a need for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rkh
Strike Zone runs until MLB Network's game that night is finished and they switch to MLB Tonight (a bit of a Strike Zone lite but with more studio time and commercials). On non SZ nights MLB Tonight is airing during the frame that SZ would air thus not a need for it.

Thanks for the explanation! Had not made the connection that SZ was a substitute for MLB when they were carrying a full game. Should have just called it MLB2 :)

And because it likely will come

Sunday: ESPN national exclusive window
Monday: ESPN NEW
Tuesday: MLB Network so Strikezone
Wednesday: ESPN NEW
Thursday: MLB Network but not many concurrent/night games
Friday: MLB Network so Strikezone
Saturday: Fox National Exclusive Window*

* Might've changed to non-exclusive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is why I prefer the MLB Mix channel on Directv. They have up to eight games at a time on the screen, and they keep showing the games until they are over.
Looks like that requires an MLB Extra Innings subscription which I could also get with Dish.
Does Dish have the Mix channel? I do not remember seeing it during their MLB EI free preview. (I have both Dish and Directv.) There must be a glitch with my Directv receiver, since I seem to be getting the MLB Mix channel for free. (I do not subscribe to the MLB EI package.)

My answer to your question in the thread title.... yes. :)

Does Dish have the Mix channel? I do not remember seeing it during their MLB EI free preview. (I have both Dish and Directv.) There must be a glitch with my Directv receiver, since I seem to be getting the MLB Mix channel for free. (I do not subscribe to the MLB EI package.)

And I thought it was just me :)

Same here. I have DirecTV, had MLB EI in the past, opted not to get it this year, and I've been getting MLB Mix all season long. I thought it would go away after the mid season free preview, but I still have it. I'll enjoy it as long as I get it. Never been a big fan of the 'Mix' channels but I try to tune in a couple times a week.

And I thought it was just me :)

Same here. I have DirecTV, had MLB EI in the past, opted not to get it this year, and I've been getting MLB Mix all season long. I thought it would go away after the mid season free preview, but I still have it. I'll enjoy it as long as I get it. Never been a big fan of the 'Mix' channels but I try to tune in a couple times a week.
Yeah, I only watch it a couple of times a week myself. I subscribe to the Family package, and I have never had MLB EI except for free previews.