MLB.TV is evil

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I activated the complimentary MLB.TV subscription provided with my T-Mobile account, and everything was working fine until this morning. Then, I receive the attached email from MLB.TV stating that they are revoking my account because I was streaming games on another provider's hotspot. So what? I have a Tmobile and a Verizon account. Why should it matter which provider I stream games on? I am talking to MLB.TV now and they said they really only want you to watch games over wifi or Tmobile's own devices with this promotion. What a bunch of hogwash. Who cares which provider I stream through? Surely I'm not the only person in the US with two different cellular providers. One I use for business, one I use for personal.

Get your act together, MLB.

IMG_5503.PNG

I like the "as a reminder" followed by "[blood letters]revoked!!!![/blood letters]"

If you aren't allowed to stream on another provider, why were you able to? Shouldn't you instead get a message "Hey bitch! This free stuff is only allowed on T-Mobile devices, so get your act together fool!" instead of being told you are a monster and that a drone is headed for your home.

Kind of like how Playstation Vue is if you try to watch sports on the go. You get nice indications that "That stuff you are paying for... sorry, you may not have realized it, but you weren't actually paying for it out of the house."

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I like the "as a reminder" followed by "[blood letters]revoked!!!![/blood letters]"

If you aren't allowed to stream on another provider, why were you able to? Shouldn't you instead get a message "Hey bitch! This free stuff is only allowed on T-Mobile devices, so get your act together fool!" instead of being told you are a monster and that a drone is headed for your home.

Kind of like how Playstation Vue is if you try to watch sports on the go. You get nice indications that "That stuff you are paying for... sorry, you may not have realized it, but you weren't actually paying for it out of the house."

I agree. Some kind of warning would have been appreciated. I called them and they just rambled on about "terms and conditions" and they wouldn't budge on reinstating me. MLB.TV people are tough cookies to deal with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts