MLB - without Fox Sports?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I follow the Tigers (you may laugh) but can't get Detroit channels here in Lansing...and NPS doesn't have Fox Sports subs available.

Are MLB backhauls all encrypted etc? Are there any "high percentage" birds that one should scan for games? Or are there other service providers that will sell me a Fox Sports sub a la carte?

I'm currently just a 4dtv c/ku person, but I'm not opposed to a dvb receiver if I knew it would get me more sports. (by sports, I mean "real" sports, not things like Egyptian Tennis or Norwegian Monkey Throwing ;-) )

As always, MANY Thanks for all your opinions!
-jerry

I think SRL is working on some Fox sports channels, but these things take time, a DVB box is a great investment, for sports and other free programming.

Thanks for the info, I suppose I have a second question then...regarding DVB programming.

If I "slave" a Pansat etc to my DSR922...how does that "feel" from a user's perspective?

Am I using the DVB box's remote and driving the dish independently of my '922?
....or....
Will the often-posted digiseq switch and wiring diagrams enable my '922 to just magically pull in dvb transponders by itself?

Even if the latter were true (which would be cool for permanent dvb stations like the new Nasa) I could see the value in using the blind-search capability of a dvb box on it's own.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts