MLBEI Announcement

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Does anyone know when we can expect this, if ever? I am just holding off until it is official before putting in a Direct system. I do plan on keeping my Dish for now but don't want to sign up for Direct if this exclusivity doesn't go through. Thanks

No one knows for sure. It was rumored last week that the announcement would be within 2 weeks, which means sometime this week, if it happens.

With all the negative publicity surrounding this deal, one can hope they thought better and pulled back on the exclusivity deal.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Roach,

The exclusive contract for MLBEI starts in 2008. MLB extra Innings WILL be available on Cable and Dish Network for this season.

Unless you know something we do not know, than that is totally false. The exclusive deal starts for the 2007 season.

It would be nice to have it extended for another year, but everything I have read states it will start this season, 2007. I hope JohnL knows something we don't know.

Roach,

The exclusive contract for MLBEI starts in 2008. MLB extra Innings WILL be available on Cable and Dish Network for this season.

How can people be so definite about a deal that has not been announced yet? the dates in these reports are inconsistent. Some say that it has been on cable since 20011 some since 2002. Most of the reports say that exclusivity will be THIS year but others including our fairly well informed leader insist that it does not strt till 2008. I guess we wills ee what happens.

Has anyone been billed for MLB EI by Dish yet? I have not. If MLB EI on Dish was a done deal for this year i expect at least the first 50% due would already be charged to my account.

Just heard on my XM radio, while listening to MLB that there has not been a descion made yet concerning DircTv. There are still details to be worked out

Has anyone been billed for MLB EI by Dish yet? I have not. If MLB EI on Dish was a done deal for this year i expect at least the first 50% due would already be charged to my account.

You have not been billed because Dish Network will not have MLB Extra Innings in 2007. Trust me, the DirecTV exclusivity is a done deal. No Dish Network or cable starting in 2007. Frustrating, but true. :mad:

Bud Selig was on Mike & Mike this AM & said the deal is not done yet. He also said there is alot of misinformation out there about this. He wouldn't give details since it's not a done deal.

I listened to that interview and what I got out of it was the same that's been reported around.

There's a deal that isn't complete yet. As reported by someone else who got a reply from the exec at mlb they're going to push the mlbtv option for those who don't want to sign up for D*.

Will baseball games still be blacked out now for the people with the FSN RSN package? Since there is no MLBEI available anymore to subs it should only be fair not to blackout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)