Mobile DVR Scheduler

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taz291819

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
On Directv's regular website, all of my channels show up, and I can schedule a recording just fine.

On their mobile site, none of my DNS channels show up. If I try to manually schedule a recording on a DNS channel, it says it's not part of my subscription.

Anyone else have this problem?

Not specific to this situation, but similar...

I tried the mobile phone scheduling and it works well, with the exception of being able to add extra time to a recording (which you can do if you setup a manual recording). But when scheduling through the website, I cannot get a confirmation or box selection when trying to order anything above channel 600. So most sports are off limits. I called in and was told that I was the first person they had any record of calling about this problem. So I would recommend calling advanced tech support and discussing with them. If they haven't heard of this problem before, they will want to know about it so they can start fixing it. If they have heard about it and know how to fix it, then they can help you. But if no one calls in, they may never it is a problem.

Good luck and keep us posted!

On Directv's regular website, all of my channels show up, and I can schedule a recording just fine.

On their mobile site, none of my DNS channels show up. If I try to manually schedule a recording on a DNS channel, it says it's not part of my subscription.

Anyone else have this problem?

Not specific to this situation, but similar...

I tried the mobile phone scheduling and it works well, with the exception of being able to add extra time to a recording (which you can do if you setup a manual recording). But when scheduling through the website, I cannot get a confirmation or box selection when trying to order anything above channel 600. So most sports are off limits. I called in and was told that I was the first person they had any record of calling about this problem. So I would recommend calling advanced tech support and discussing with them. If they haven't heard of this problem before, they will want to know about it so they can start fixing it. If they have heard about it and know how to fix it, then they can help you. But if no one calls in, they may never it is a problem.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Guy's,
I noticed this earlier as well, then found the solution for it.
Originally I was trying to record the race on FOX, then decided to record the National feed from D*, it was on 799, but as mentioned, nothing was available above 699, well if you scroll down to the end of the channel list, it says :
"Show More Channels"
once you hit that you have access to the 700's and more.

Jimbo

Guy's,
I noticed this earlier as well, then found the solution for it.
Originally I was trying to record the race on FOX, then decided to record the National feed from D*, it was on 799, but as mentioned, nothing was available above 699, well if you scroll down to the end of the channel list, it says :
"Show More Channels"
once you hit that you have access to the 700's and more.

Jimbo

My problem was not related to "seeing" more channels. My problem was that when you select a program to record on any channel 600 or higher, it would not go to the screen where you would choose which DVR you want it to record on. And of course without that, you wouldn't get the "You request has been submitted" or whatever the message says. It would actually come back with a message saying that "the program you are attempting to record exceeds your rating limit", no matter the content or rating.

While on the phone with the Advanced Tech CSR, we went through several scenarios and even if I selected a show that had already started on any channel 599 or lower, the recording process was enabled and executed as requested. So it wasn't a sports or rating issues.

So my point here is that while my situation may not be "exactly" the same as the OP (or your's, Jimbo) it was something that was new to them. I called in on the same day that they sent out the email announcing the service. I think it still said/says BETA on the service, but if it didn't/doesn't, they still need to hear from us about these issues so they can investigate and fix before others encounter something similar.

So taz291819...if you haven't already called in, for the sake of all those who come after you and experience this issue, please call it in and let them dive into it. And again, they may know what the problem is and you can fix it right away. If they do give you a fix, please come back and post it. :)

Anyone else have the problem where all programs, when selected, say "Program Not Found"?

I have not been able to use the service yet.

Any advice appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)