Mobile VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tarmack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
With two receivers in the house for VOOM, along with several DirecTV receivers and a BrightHouse cable box...I had the wild hair to move something to the motorhome.

I moved one of the VOOM STB's and to my happy surprise my in-motion satellite antenna swept the sky's and found the VOOM bird at the 61.5 address.

A signal of 89 for strength is adequate and pretty darn good for a rather small dish that is housed within a plastic bubble on the motorhome roof.

I then upgraded to the VaVaVoom package with a call about 10 minutes ago and the CSR told me that it is only going to get better.......she said that next month there would be an addition of over 200 SD channels and about 35 HD channels added to my VaVaVoom watching.

Nato!!

Cap'n Tarmack

joverstr2 said:
I thought this was about Voom in Mobile, Al. :eek: Sorry, I'll leave now..... :no

Well....I pass through your area every year on the way up to South Dakota and Wisconsin in the motorhome......SD to visit my 90 year old Dad and Wisconsin to attend the EAA aircraft convention.

I will be certain to have the dish active and VOOM on when I pass through the Mobile area!

To the other gentleman who responded to this thread....I simply forgot to ask about the PVR for VOOM. IF and when that comes.....the HD PVR's that I have for both Bright House and DirecTV will have to be reassigned new duties.

Looks like Sports for the DirecTV HD DVR....InHD for the BrightHouse and "older" movies for the VOOM. Grin

Regards,

Tarmack

Tarmack said:
...I will be certain to have the dish active and VOOM on when I pass through the Mobile area!
Well, I am glad you are back on the Voom side and not ending your messages anymore with....

BOOM!

;)

1080iBeVuMin said:
Well, I am glad you are back on the Voom side and not ending your messages anymore with....

BOOM!

;)

Yup, me too.....the 3rd install was a charm from VOOM.

1. They FINALLY installed the larger sized dish for the rain fade problems.
2. The later generation STB box appears to be bug free with the latest software.

In other words........I got what I paid for......this time.

With the 3 services that I have....cable, DirecTV and VOOM....all piped into a new Samsung 50" DLP(3rd generation of the DLP technology) it is obvious that VOOM has the BEST SD picture.....along with the BEST HD picture.

And of course....the MOST HD.

Tarmack

I wonder if the additional channels will be VaVaVoom only...

I'm betting it'll be moot for me before long anyways. I'm not even installed yet and concidering VaVaVoom.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts