MOCA Failed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mheisen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
Please remember when reading this that I am a NON Techie. I have searched and read the moca threads and don't understand most of them. I am interested in a Netflix subscription and get the message that I am not connected to the internet. TV's are working on Dish without interruption.
Hopper 3 setup with 2 Joeys - not 4K
Hopper connected by WIFI. Shows good connection to router and internet connected
Joey shown no connection to router or internet
network details show MoCA DHCP, Server, and Internet connection FAILED on both hopper and Joey when I check through their set up screens, though TX and RX packets show activity
under Wireless, all three show "OK" however.
Under "whole home" MoCA details, Joey's show "Linked and Strong"
Under MoCA Summary show "down" for 00:04:30" on Joey, and 0 on hopper
Have reset both the hopper and the Joey
When originally installed, both showed MoCA connected, though I went through a period where the Joey rebooted constantly. That stopped however.
None of the connections have been physically touched.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps just a service call?

I see the hopper with a green "connected" to the router, and a green "connected" to the internet provider. Have all along on the hopper. On the Joey, It is no router detected. See original post.
Thanks

I see the hopper with a green "connected" to the router, and a green "connected" to the internet provider. Have all along on the hopper. On the Joey, It is no router detected. See original post.
Thanks
maybe try factory reset on joey.

I have done the reset through the menu on the Joey. Also the unplug reset.

Factor reset? Or system reboot? I had to do a H3 swap and factory reset was the only way the joey reconnected.[/QUOTE
]I went to the diagnostics menu under settings, and used the "reset this Joey" . I also unplugged in at a different time and reset it that way.
The Joey is receiving TV from the hopper. I can see activity and all the other functions on it.

Solved the issue thanks to an old post I found elsewhere in the forum. Went to settings>internet>advanced and turned on bridging. All is now well, and I have full internet access on the Joey. Only thing that I can figure is that it was on originally (set up by tech who installed), and perhaps an upgrade turned it off. Either way, I have something to look for in the future if it happens again.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)