Model 322 Receiver Phone Line

hankh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Tyler, Texas
Last week I installed a 322 receiver in my parent's home. They are subscribed to SA and Dish locals only. On initial set up the receiver required a phone line connection before it would load the programme guide and there was no canceling that feature. Once installed I disconnected the phone line and everything seems to be ok. However, I got a call this morning from them saying a warning box came on screen saying if a phone line is not hooked up an additional charge would be levied, I suppose by Dish, against their account. What is this new wrinkle? Is it something that can be defeated without stringing telephone wire across the floor or, much worse, stringing it through the attic this time of year!

Theres no way around it, if you dont want to be charged you have to hook up a phone line. If you dont want to run a phone line check into a wireless jack or just pay the 5.00 fee for not having it connected.

If you leave the phone line hooked up all the time E* will waive a $5 fee they would normally charge for a second tuner. You don't have to have a phone hooked up, but they add the second tuner fee instead.

Negative. For the 1st dual tuner receiver you pay no 2nd receiver fee, only the phone line "additional outlet fee" IF you don't have it hooked up to a phone line.

Dual tuner receivers are considered "1 receiver each", so if you had 2 dual tuner receivers, you'd be charged $5 for an additional receiver (the 2nd one), and again the $5 "additional outlet fee" charge ONLY if your receiver isn't connected to a phone line.

So that's how it goes :) We have 2 322s (for 4 TVs), and only pay $5 extra a month. If running a wire is too much trouble, try one of those wireless phone line kits ;)

If you have a back feed from a single tuner, E* doesn't charge you anything monthly for that right? So what do they charge for? They add the fee when another tuner is being used right? Therefore, regardless of verbiage, you're paying for the extra tuner to run that tv, not simply an additional outlet.
For example, an account with only one 322 and no phone line. The TV2 gets run to two locations. The person pays only for the second tuner to run both backfed tv's, not each tv.

Some of you guys kill me arguing semantics.

Yes that is correct. If the phone line isn't connected to the single 322 then you will be charged $5.00 for that second tuner no matter how many TV's it feeds.(all TV's hooked up to that 2nd tuner will have to watch that same program).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts