This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Modulator output on 722

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
My son has a situation where he has only one coax line running to where the 722 DVR will be located.

Can he use the same coax line that brings in the sat signal to the 722 and use a spliter to connect to it to send out the modulator channel from the 722 to other TV's?

Yes as long as it is good RG-6 he can with a splitter and a couple of Diplexers.

Mine feeds a total of 3 TV's via splitters without any diplexers. Works great. Choose the lowest channel # you can. My pq was vastly improved by going from channel 30 to 21.

Ed

BTW, I'm also sending my OTA signal to those TV's over the same coax by using a splitter in reverse at the receiver.

Last edited:
The ideal case is to have one cable for each signal, but you can diplex both your incoming OTA antenna and the outgoing RF Agile Modulator output into the satellite cable.

Be aware that it has the penalty of some signal strength reduction, so if you have marginal signal strength you may get nothing occasionally.