Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Pretty sure I haven’t seen any of the monsterverse movies leading up to this. Anyone have an opinion on if that backstory is needed for this show?

Pretty sure I haven’t seen any of the monsterverse movies leading up to this. Anyone have an opinion on if that backstory is needed for this show?
Godzilla-Great
Godzilla King of Monster-Good
Kong Skull Island-Very Good
Godzilla vs Kong-Very Good

I enjoyed the short appearance of John Goodman in the first episode. Gives more context to his Skull Island role.

Reactions: Foxbat and mackie99

Answering my own question. I found some info from the showrunner. The series is intended to be stand alone but he thought the 2014 Godzilla and Kong: Skull Island to be helpful for background. Likely watch both before the series.

All AppleTv+ usually on Friday shows are on today, including Monarch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat
I had to re-watch episode 2 after watching the Recap at the beginning of episode 3 and going, “huh?” Guess I was tired last week and napped out after the rending of photographs. Nice thing about streaming, just scrub to the last thing you remember and hit “play”…

Am I wrong to demand realistic behavior from 2015-era vehicles in a Sci-Fi Monsters series? ;)

I had to re-watch episode 2 after watching the Recap at the beginning of episode 3 and going, “huh?” Guess I was tired last week and napped out after the rending of photographs. Nice thing about streaming, just scrub to the last thing you remember and hit “play”…

Am I wrong to demand realistic behavior from 2015-era vehicles in a Sci-Fi Monsters series? ;)
What behavior is giving you problems?

Last edited:
What behavior is giving you problems?
The Twin Beechcraft that is flown from South Korea to Alaska would have needed additional fuel tanks which would precluded passengers. The B18 had a normal range of 1,200 miles and the highest maximum takeoff weight was around 10,500 lbs. At one point some says they need to travel 5,000 miles to Alaska, well beyond the capabilities of this plane. Plus, max air speed was around 225 mph, so 18-20 hours of continuous flying, complicated by avoiding Russian air space which would add even further to the range requirements.

The Twin Beechcraft that is flown from South Korea to Alaska would have needed additional fuel tanks which would precluded passengers. The B18 had a normal range of 1,200 miles and the highest maximum takeoff weight was around 10,500 lbs. At one point some says they need to travel 5,000 miles to Alaska, well beyond the capabilities of this plane. Plus, max air speed was around 225 mph, so 18-20 hours of continuous flying, complicated by avoiding Russian air space which would add even further to the range requirements.
Too.much information!!!!!:eeek

Watched Godzilla 2014 a couple weeks ago and was unimpressed.

Watched Skull Island last night and enjoyed that one quite a bit. In part I suppose because of the presence of several actors from the Marvel universe. I certainly prefer Brie Larson in a non-superhero role.

I'll be ready for this show when all is available in January.

Watched Godzilla 2014 a couple weeks ago and was unimpressed.

Watched Skull Island last night and enjoyed that one quite a bit. In part I suppose because of the presence of several actors from the Marvel universe. I certainly prefer Brie Larson in a non-superhero role.

I'll be ready for this show when all is available in January.
Have you watched Lessons in Chemistry with Brie? It's on AppleTV+.