Monday Night Football HD Well...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Can I assume that the switch from HD to SD for a lot of the first half and some of the second was not a local situation??

I watched the game OTA and my HD signal dropped out for about 30 seconds in the first quarter. I live on the East coast.

Same thing happened with my OTA for most of the game. Several times it switched back and forth within minutes.

Happened to both BLT and DC affiliates. I assumed it was network.
But damn, when it WAS HD, it looked unbelievable.

It happened near Minneapolis too. We also had severe weather in the neighborhood and, for some reason, the warning crawls don't paste well over HD, in that the local ABC affil switched to SD everytime a new warning popped. So not only did you have a crappy picture, but it was smaller yet due to the "L"-shaped warning crawl.

I noticed it on KABC satellite feed. I also I had the same thing on the Sunday night game on ESPN except they did not switch to SD so you lost 30 seconds.

It was ABC itself at the source. It seems one of their power generator semi's is causing some problems and needs to be worked on. I believe a second rig is already on line for next monday nights game so this one can be down for maintenence (though i don't know how this is going to play out with the double header action :confused: ). They need to take a hint and play nice with cuban, seems his equipment in terms of durability for uplink is the "sh*t". Oh well, minor interruption and the game still looked spectacular when it was functioning right.

I'm not sure we are all seeing the same thing....mine went to SD for oh...about....ever! Must have been 30 or more minutes...then second half, kickoff in HD then back to SD for a while....this was no minor or 30 second dropout.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)