Monday's update for sirius

I got another one today as well, nothing was wiped but I was bitchin a fit the whole time as well. Another thing I noticed from the previous update was that the comedy channels audio quality has went back down to a tinny sound again so Im wondering if Sirius has dumbed down that transponder ( are they using multiple transponders for this service? ) to accomodate the additional channels or is there another reason? I cant say that Im complaing much because I dont listen to the 3 comedy channels anymore due to them being on a continous repeating loop with no new content in the last 9 months.

I have two factory installed radios.
One in a Dodge, and on in a Mazda.

The Dodge got the update this morning with no problem.

But the Mazda has had "updating" on the display, for about 12 hours now.
The radio won't do anything at all.

Made 3 calls to Sirius, each one lasting over 30 min. They say it's a faulty radio.
I don't think that's correct. It worked fine until it tried to get today's update.

Any suggestions of what to do here, besides buying a new radio.

Also, this is odd. You guys are talking about just getting the Canadian channels.
Both of my radios have had the Canadian channels, since at least May 2006.

The flash or something inside the radio MIGHT just be faulty, causing the radio to lock up. Have you tried the old fashion disconnect the car battery for 5 mins and then reconnecting it? Make sure not to lose power, change channel or lose signal strength while updating. If not, shouldn't a factory install go back to the dealer for help?

Last edited:
Yeah, it could go back to the dealer. But it's out of warranty.
So if I 've got to buy a new radio, it would be cheaper to not replace it with the same radio.

Also, the car is in the middle of a 4 day trip. So I can't check the car out myself.
It's being driven by someone else.
The moment it gets back, I'll be disconecting the battery.
Thanks.

Well I am not 100% sure that will work, but in today's cars doing that seems to reset most electrical systems. So for free its sure worth a try. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)