Money Saving Tip for Dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chiodo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 17, 2005
Pacific NW
Every week without fail I receive an envelope delivered by USPS, from Dish Net. An Offer to "Bundle" Up my Satellite TV, with Dish Net Internet service. And of course included is information that I & a Friend(s) can get $50. off Dish Satellite TV if I refer and they sign up and if I get 3 to sign up I get a Free PS4 as well.

I know about Dish Net Internet, I don't want it I'm satisfied with my current ISP and I know about the Dish referral program my friends either already have Dish or are not interested.

Now Dish can save a few pennies but not sending me these "offers" so often or at all, not to mention the cost of envelopes and printing leaflets. Then maybe you wouldn't have to keep on increasing my TV fees every year.

Did you know there's this thing called the Internet where people can find all kinds of information if they wanted it and I'm sure it's easy enough to clue in that I can pick up the phone and refer Peter, Paul & Mary to Dish TV.

So maybe the corporate office of Dish can $ave some $$$ and not increase my TV fees if they stop sending me junk snail mail every week.

Thank You.

9/10 ads you receive in the mail are not actually from Dish. They are going to be retailers. The two I get the most is infinity and godish, but I did just have DishOne stop on by my house this last week, trying to tell me they were from corporate. I let them give their spiel and then asked if they were retailers. They kept declining, so I asked them if I could call the sales manager for Dish(I was bluffing but could have gotten his info through some old friends), and they suddenly had to go to the next home. That's when they found out that not only am I a former employee, but my roommate still currently works for them. Lol.

9/10 ads you receive in the mail are not actually from Dish. They are going to be retailers. The two I get the most is infinity and godish, but I did just have DishOne stop on by my house this last week, trying to tell me they were from corporate. I let them give their spiel and then asked if they were retailers. They kept declining, so I asked them if I could call the sales manager for Dish(I was bluffing but could have gotten his info through some old friends), and they suddenly had to go to the next home. That's when they found out that not only am I a former employee, but my roommate still currently works for them. Lol.
Dish One I am surprised this outfit is still allowed to do business.

They are retailers. Dish scrubs their mailings against their current subscriber list before its sent out.

Also since the retailers are not sending out a pre approved mail piece and not going through a dish approved vendor it can't be scrubbed.

The pre approved stuff dish gives the retailers doesn't work, and their approved vendors charge too much.

For the savings in scrubbing the list paying more to use dishes approved vendor, it's just cheaper to use a non approved vendor and mail everyone.

Dish won't let the other vendors scrub the list as you could technically use that list to specifically target dish customers.

I don't get why these retailers continue to send this crap out because it doesn't work. The only reason I can think of is the it provides cover for other non approved black hat marketing methods that do work.

Speaking of that, I get post cards from comcast and dish business every few days at my office.

Last edited:
Dish One I am surprised this outfit is still allowed to do business.

I think Dish bought Dish one and Amir Ahmed a former Dish vp now runs the operation.

Kind of sad that Dish would buy a company that's being sued by Directv for misrepresentations themselves as being both Dish and Directv.

I think one of the things they where doing was saying they where with Directv and where upgrading the customers equipment when they where really switching then to Dish.

I think the tipping point was when they went into a senior community wrecked havoc upon the residents switching all the Directv customers to Dish

I think Dish bought Dish one and Amir Ahmed a former Dish vp now runs the operation.

Kind of sad that Dish would buy a company that's being sued by Directv for misrepresentations themselves as being both Dish and Directv.

I think one of the things they where doing was saying they where with Directv and where upgrading the customers equipment when they where really switching then to Dish.

I think the tipping point was when they went into a senior community wrecked havoc upon the residents switching all the Directv customers to Dish

Its going to get interesting if some State Attorney General's or some Federal regulators get involved

I always think to myself when companies ask over and over to enroll you in paperless billing, "how much discount will you offer?". Just on the principle - they save a lot of labor, materials, etc - give people $0.50 off each month for going paperless.

As for waste, I have Time Warner for internet. Each month I receive (4) pages (or (8) printed pages, back to back) in the envelope with my bill. The bill itself is (2) pages ((1) printed page) only. The other (3) are advertising/marketing garbage.

Reactions: Yespage

I think Amir is still VP. He still does the retailer chats.

I always think to myself when companies ask over and over to enroll you in paperless billing, "how much discount will you offer?". Just on the principle - they save a lot of labor, materials, etc - give people $0.50 off each month for going paperless.

As for waste, I have Time Warner for internet. Each month I receive (4) pages (or (8) printed pages, back to back) in the envelope with my bill. The bill itself is (2) pages ((1) printed page) only. The other (3) are advertising/marketing garbage.
It is like getting a receipt at CVS. It is as if they are paid by USPS to mail stuff in bulk.

If they included a prepaid return envelope, stick it on a piece of heavy metal and drop it in the mail. They will remove you from the mailing list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)