monoprice

kael

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Knightdale,NC
This is a big thank you to all the folks @ satelliteguys who turn me on to monoprice.com. When looking for a hdmi cable for my SA8300 hddvr I turn to ya'll and found out about this wonderful company that doesn't charge a arm or leg to get any type or length cable. the best part was when I told my wife the low price of 5.00 for the cable verus $99.00 monster cable at best buy she was thrilled. The csr was great and suprise very helpfull. If you need any type of cable look them up first. :up :) :) :) :) :)

Yep! Glad I was guided to them here in this forum. As a solution to my previous post "HDMI driving me crazy" I went with their 2 port HDMI switch w/remote, HDMI>HDMI and HDMI>DVI cables to add 2 HDMI devices to my Sony HDTV with only a single DVI input. Works great, and for around $120 I can put off worrying about upgrading my A/V receiver & HDTV for quite a while.

Monoprice has a good selection and very good prices---but DHL(thier shipper)leaves a lot to be desired.I placed an order for the 2 port HDMI switch on 6/14/2006 and opted for the next day shipping---here it is 6/16/2006 and it's still not here--was to be 6/15/2006,and thier tracking showed it in the truck for delivery that day,and to top it off my daughters ipod was returned that same day from Apple throug DHL.The only thing you can do is laugh---nothing else works(not worth stressing out)

Well it's Monday--- any bets on DHL(Disfunctionial Happy Lads) making it here today.I think they maybe able to pull off a "5 day when we said it would be overnight delivery".It could be that since they are in Charlottesville VA and there are mountain between us ---maybe they don't know that there are people over here,thats it,I'll give them a call and tell them thats it's safe to venture West!

Last edited:
branchbouncer said:
Monoprice has a good selection and very good prices---but DHL(thier shipper)leaves a lot to be desired.I placed an order for the 2 port HDMI switch on 6/14/2006 and opted for the next day shipping---here it is 6/16/2006 and it's still not here--was to be 6/15/2006,and thier tracking showed it in the truck for delivery that day,and to top it off my daughters ipod was returned that same day from Apple throug DHL.The only thing you can do is laugh---nothing else works(not worth stressing out)

Well it's Monday--- any bets on DHL(Disfunctionial Happy Lads) making it here today.I think they maybe able to pull off a "5 day when we said it would be overnight delivery".It could be that since they are in Charlottesville VA and there are mountain between us ---maybe they don't know that there are people over here,thats it,I'll give them a call and tell them thats it's safe to venture West!

Hmmm, strange. They must use DHL for the East Coast / VA area. They're located in Southern Cal. and on their website they promote 1 day UPS service for most of Calif., Nevada & Arizona. I'm in rural SE Ariz. & got my shipment in 2 business days. Out here FedEx is the delivery company I hate. Both FedEx & UPS have centers in Sierra Vista, about 50 miles away. UPS comes out everyday. FedEx used to come out 3x/week - Mon-Wed-Fri. The last thing I had shipped via FedEX was my Toshiba XA1 HD DVD player I bought from Robert @ VE in NY. He said I would have it Thurs. Well, it didn't make it to Sierra Vista until Friday morning when it finally said "out for delivery". But I checked an hour later & the tracking was changed to "Exception - Rural Delivery", with next Tues. as the estimated delivery. I called & made arrangement to drive in & pick it up myself (I REALLY wanted my HD DVD player to play around with for the weekend. :hungry: ).

When I picked it up I asked WTF?; they used to come out on Fridays. The guy told me "because of the high gas prices" they had changed to only coming to my area 2x/week, Tues. & Thurs. He said he was sure "I could understand". I told him I sure did - I would insist on UPS for any future deliveries. :p

I guess we all have our delivery company horror stories, 'specially out in the boonies.

What kills me is that the day my daughter's Ipod was returned DHL's tracking page said that my switch was in the truck for delivery,maybe they are pulling the same crap here and only come out certain days,in which case they better drop the promise of next delivery,or re-state it to" the next day we are in your area"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts