Monster Cable....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I want to share with ya'll how Monster Cable Company is dealing with "folks" that have "Monster" in their name. I hope that ya'll will look at this and do what you think is best. Forums are a great "voice". I'm a member of a "audio & video" forum & I feel that this is just "greed". If out of line here, sorry:

Monster Cable

and:

Snow Monsters

and this is a forum (I'm not a member of):

Audioholics

Thanks.

It's sickening. Now even more reason for me to never purchase one of their products. In one way or another, I feel they have been a scam since day one.

Someone needs to start a product or service and call it "Monster Windows", or maybe "Windows Monsters", and apply for trademark registration on that name. Throw in any other words companies have tried to own while you're at it, out of spite.

Now lets not jump the gun here. I think it's perfectly legitimate for Monster Cables to try to stop Snow Monsters from using the "Monster" name. I mean, when I hear Snow Monsters, the first thing I think of is a kiddie ski progra. Don't you? No? Oh...never mind then.

This isn't the first time Monster Cables has gone overboard. This SFGate article points out a few other Monster targets, such as Fenway Park's Monster Seats, Cable TV's Monster Garage, Disney's Monsters Inc., Chicago Bears (Monster on the Midway), and not to be left out, Monster.com.

I emailed all the folks at Monster Cable Co....whoever in the Company started this "greed move".........not getting my $$$ now(I love my HTS3600)...looks like TrippLite from now on........

Barney

I don't think Monster Cables are what they claim to be anyway I own a few coax digital audio cables and some S-video ones and I can't tell any difference between these and the $10-$20 cables you buy at radioshack or the premium ones at wal-mart.

Coax digital audio cables can be replaced with some cheap speaker wire of pretty much any gauge (current is not very high, 8mA max, 0.6V max). If the stripped ends are carefully attached to the jacks, no connectors are even needed :D (but don't try that at home kids, you don't need to be shorting out your components!). It's nothing more than a serial digital data path. That's what Monster doesn't want you to know. You can use a crummy (but unbroken, unshorted) cable for a digital connection--coax cable isn't even necessary. But for an analog coax connection, you will need a good quality shielded cable, and coax cable can help keep the signal clean.

Yes I know that I have used video cables in the past also I just decided to try the Monster Cables figuring they would be better and I can get them at a discount but I don't think they are much better than anything else. I also have a Monster Cable Coax for my OTA Antenna I forgot about that. I have several Monster Cables and don't get me wrong they are good just not any better than other cables and cost tripple what other cables do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)