Monsters HD

Isn't this amazing? It seems that there is interest in the VOOM channels but the owners will not allow them on other providers systems even though they don't want to put them up themselves.

It's like they say "We don't want to air the VOOM channels and we won't allow anyone else to air them either"

I wonder how much of a hand Charlie has in denying VOOM to other providers? I'm reasonably certain he would not be happy if VOOM were to surface on Direct TV or U-Verse, or any cable services either.

Lets see what happens..I have heard that something ''will'' happen by years end.
Voom should surface elsewhere.

I for one certainly hope so. It makes no sense for Charlie or Cablevision to stop any sort of revenue coming in?

I would think Cablevison and even dish have only money to gain if Voom gets signed elsewhere.

Isn't this amazing? It seems that there is interest in the VOOM channels but the owners will not allow them on other providers systems even though they don't want to put them up themselves.

It's like they say "We don't want to air the VOOM channels and we won't allow anyone else to air them either"

I wonder how much of a hand Charlie has in denying VOOM to other providers? I'm reasonably certain he would not be happy if VOOM were to surface on Direct TV or U-Verse, or any cable services either.

Charlie only owns 20% of Voom. If Rainbow wanted to sign with another provider, Charlie would be hard pressed to stop it.

I suspect Cablevision is internally conflicted about Voom. Some want the channels promoted, others want the experiment to end. I think they may have decided that it will be 15 or bust.

I wonder if Cablevision is waiting to see what the court says before they go somewhere else. I honestly hope they figure something out soon, good or bad I just would like a solution.

So Charlie will make money off of VOom no matter where it shows up or doesn't show up , if he STILL owns 20% the Voom channels. Either way he wins .

Many of the channels were junk. It's been a long time since I've seen someone complain about Ultra, Animania, Family Room, Gameplay, Treasure, or Gallery. The family channels have been well replaced by Disney, Toon Disney, and ABC Family (I imagine Nick will be here soon). G4 is going HD 12/8, and hopefully Dish will pick it up for the Gameplay crowd. I'm not sure anyone really watched Ultra, Treasure, or Gallery.

HD News was nice, but with CNN and CNBC being in HD, not to mention Fox News and MSNBC coming soon, it was becoming redundant. Hopefully Headline News will go HD as that is the closest equivalent (mmm... Robin Meade HD:))

Voom Movies and Filmfest were nice, bit the titles were too abscure. I think Rainbow held the good stuff for IFC. If only we could get IFC HD.

Kung Fu and Monsters served a nice niche. However, it seems Kung Fu wasn't that popular. Although I never watched it (save Planet of the Apes), it is probably the most deserving to come back.

Rush and Worldsport had some unique sports. If only Voom had put the 2 together, they could have been a good channel.

And Rave was the best music channel on TV, although I personally was not a fan.

All and all, Monsters, Rave, Equator, plus Worldsport carrying some Rush programming would be some nice programming. I would think Dish, Direct, Fios and some cable systems might be interested in that package.

I, on the other hand, mainly watched Gallery, along with FilmFest. See, that's what made VOOM so great -- it had something for everyone.

I think VOOM made a mistake by insisting that each of its channels had to have a theme, and that there had to be 15 channels because there were 15 themes. FilmFest showed two or three movies a day, over and over --- hello, we have DVR's now! Show each movie once, then show the two daily movies from World Cinema, and there's still 16 hours of daily programming left for Gallery, Equator and whatever.

For picture quality and originality, no provider on DISH can match the VOOM network. Reduce the programming content, and you reduce the size of the audience. Combine the programming into fewer channels, and everyone with a DVR would be able to watch what they wanted.

I, on the other hand, mainly watched Gallery, along with FilmFest. See, that's what made VOOM so great -- it had something for everyone.

I think VOOM made a mistake by insisting that each of its channels had to have a theme, and that there had to be 15 channels because there were 15 themes. FilmFest showed two or three movies a day, over and over --- hello, we have DVR's now! Show each movie once, then show the two daily movies from World Cinema, and there's still 16 hours of daily programming left for Gallery, Equator and whatever.

For picture quality and originality, no provider on DISH can match the VOOM network. Reduce the programming content, and you reduce the size of the audience. Combine the programming into fewer channels, and everyone with a DVR would be able to watch what they wanted.

You hit the nail on the head. Best, most unique programming on the market, period.

What I loved most was that you would see shows not aired anywhere else.
Everyone\provider can have the HBOs and all the regular cable channels.
Voom set dish apart form everyone else.

Did they have repeats..yes. But so does everyone else.

It boils down to money. Dish claims that Voom did not spend enough on programming. Voom claims breach of contract.

Truth be told..Maybe both parties were right. But in the end, who got hurt the most by this???

The subscribers. In the end we done have this truely great programming to enjoy.

To bad that both companies could'nt put all this aside and worked it out.

Having had Voom for years, this month sucks big time with no MonstersHD to fulfill the need for monster movies. If it were available to us in any form, we would have it.

Voom could have easily consolidated its channels into about 4 channels pertaining to an entertainment genre as opposed to just niche markets.

1) "Voom Movies" could combine MonstersHD, FilmFestHD, WorldCinemaHD, KungFuHD, as well as some actual movies that were shown on FamilyRoomHD and AnimaniaHD. I could see that channel having a rather effective programming slate not unlike Sunday Morning television on UHF when I was a kid...you know, "Creature Feature", "Kung Fu Theater", about 30 minutes of roller derby (save that for Rush.:) ) and then "Family Classics". Come up with a 'host' or 'mascot' to announce each film, like 'son of svengoolie' for monsters or some guy in a lounge chair and smoking jacket for family classics...and you might have something.

2) "Voom Arts and Style" could combine GalleryHD, TreasureHD, UltraHD, and RaveHD, and some of the 'culture' based programming from EquatorHD.

3) "Voom Action" could combine WorldSportHD, RushHD, possibly GameplayHD even though that channel stunk. Even some of the more intense shows from EquatorHD might be good here along with some of the wilder Anime programming from AnimaniaHD.

4) "Voom Family" could have the basic programming from AnimaniaHD, FamilyRoomHD, and the milder nature/educational programming from EquatorHD.

5) HDnews as a stand-alone channel is pretty much useless in the era of CNN-HD, etc., but showing newsclips relevant to the channel genre in between features on the other stations might add a little unique value there...

I don't know...if I were to relaunch Voom...that would be what I'd do with it...

Maybe I need to start soliciting investors... :D

Having had Voom for years, this month sucks big time with no MonstersHD to fulfill the need for monster movies. If it were available to us in any form, we would have it.

Pretty much what sucks for me as well.

I keep "searching" to DVR any horror and there is not much at all and even less in HD or 5.1 DD and even then it's usually not in the OAR.

:(

Monsters HD Rocked Out Halloween!