Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Turbosat,
"* Avatar-A huge creature crawling up the front-door steps!"

That wasn't the one from the Sci-Fi movie from the 50's was it. That one WAS really BIG!
I could send you a picture of an ant. Then we could say you have one of "THEM" from the 50's movie.:D
Every now and then a mantis pops up in my yard. Really an interesting bug to watch for a while.
If I can locate the missing power supply to my picture storage HD, I will post some "nice" baby pictures I know you will enjoy.

I thought it was a nice Halloween picture, but I have an idea for another one, have to hurry though-it's almost here.
That was the biggest mantis I ever saw, like 5"long. I saved one from the cat the next day, and put it outside (don't know how it got in the house). It was a small brown one , and two days later I found it dead, caught in a huge spider web beside the flowers. Nature is cruel.

Ok Rt,, the halloween creature is gone to the avatar hall of fame. Back to normal avatar-critters now.

When I was a kid, we went to Tennessee for summer vacation.
I caught a giant mantis there, and took it home to Florida. (5..6 inches)
We kept it out front on a particular bush, and I often took it slivers of raw meat.
My Mom would put a tiny bit on a toothpick, and I'd take it out (insert your own teeth-picking joke here - I often did) ;)

Years later in Vietnam, I caught one nearly as big.

More years later, I brought back an egg-case from Tennessee to California.
It hatched, and we had a whole mess of little ones for a while.
Sadly, I think the local birds must've gotten 'em.
That, or they couldn't find enough bugs to eat - after all, Los Angeles is a desert. :(

When I was a kid, we went to Tennessee for summer vacation.
I caught a giant mantis there, and took it home to Florida. (5..6 inches)
We kept it out front on a particular bush, and I often took it slivers of raw meat.
My Mom would put a tiny bit on a toothpick, and I'd take it out *feed the mantis, check with the pic to see his teeth were clean ;)

Years later in Vietnam, I caught one nearly as big.

More years later, I brought back an egg-case from Tennessee to California.
It hatched, and we had a whole mess of little ones for a while.
Sadly, I think the local birds must've gotten 'em.
That, or they couldn't find enough bugs to eat - after all, Los Angeles is a desert. :(
....and full of many "interesting" creatures.

*added text.

I have The Deadly mantis on dvd, haha, keep waiting for Perry Mason and Della Street to show up in it , since Mr Drake is after the giant bug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts