Status
Please reply by conversation.

kodaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 22, 2010
North East PA
I was playing around with my dish tree (3dishes-1 pole so far) and i had an old metal 24 inch tall superdish . For the heck of it, i set it up on 125 for the pbs channels and the darn thing brings in montana at 60 q on my Openbox. The other tps are same or better including the other S2s. heh, score one for the Openbox!
Kodaz

thanks, i wont leave it there permanently, i am betting when that lnb warms up, i wont get it.
I have a crimestar dish that i have been holding for ransom, eventually i will stick that in its place.

Keeping the LNB warm is a positive thing.

thanks, i wont leave it there permanently, i am betting when that lnb warms up, i wont get it.
I have a crimestar dish that i have been holding for ransom, eventually i will stick that in its place.

Keeping the LNB warm is a positive thing.

In terms of keeping condensation out, it is, but keeping it cool would theoretically lower the noise factor. I don't know whether it makes any difference in practice though.

it seems to, when the outside air temp got below 40 or so, my q's went up a bit.
I Am in Pa., mountains. i dont know about the footprint there, later i will check satbeams.
They are not horrible dishes for bieng so short. i did however skew the entire dish, and not the lnb. i wonder if that makes a dif?

Keeping the temperature constant minimizes the drift of the resonator. Some oscillators come with a small heater.

In terms of keeping condensation out, it is, but keeping it cool would theoretically lower the noise factor. I don't know whether it makes any difference in practice though.

kodaz;
I believe that skewing the dish does make a difference. I have a 90 cm Geosatpro dish that I used for 125W stationary for over a year and got good reception. With this setup, the LNB was skewed, but not the dish. When I added the DG380, the signal was noticeable improved and occasional dropouts on the HD channels were eliminated. With the DG380, the dish skews along with the LNB.

Skewing the entire dish makes a greater difference on an oval dish such as the Superdish than it would on a "round" dish. It does improve reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)