More analog to digital info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iammike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Roanoke,VA
I found this on the 4dtv forum this morning. I don't know the poster, however the information seems consistent with other posts I've read. The only new news is it looks like NPS is going to start laying on a 6% service charge to cover uplinking costs. Seems to me that they had already worked that into the price increases for their packages, but I could be mistaken.

Mike

Here's an excerpt form an email I received today from my NPS Dealer
Co-ordinator. Thought you might be interested.

" IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING UPDATES

ESPN/ESPN2

“As for ESPN, it is true, that it is going off C-Band at the end of the year. After receiving letters from the Attorney General in reference to other channels going dark, we must notify ALL customers of pending shutoffs when we know there is no opportunity to bring it back as is the case with ESPN and ESPN 2. We are notifying customers of other options because we want them to continue to use their C-Band Dish for Premiums and other services where it may benefit them to do so. In addition we are working with IPTV transport companies that can hopefully help us bring ESPN and other services back to C-Band in 2007”. MIKE MOUNTFORD

6% UPLINK SURCHARGE

“Effective December 15, 2006, NPS will be implementing a 6% surcharge on every invoice to cover the cost of uplinking channels which would otherwise be unavailable to the C-band market. We currently uplink 12 channels and expect that to grow to possibly 25 in 2007, as the Turner services, Disney, Rainbow, Viacom and others go digital. The cost of uplinking a digital channel is approximately $10,000, and NPS has been the only C-Band provider willing to do so. This fee will be discontinued if we are able to get on an IPTV platform which negates the need to uplink channels ourselves”. MIKE MOUNTFORD"

Service Date Service Ends NPS Action

ABC Family 9/30/06 Working on up linking

AMC 9/30/06 Found on G9-701

MTV 9/30/06 Found on GB (Galaxy 11) 800

WGN 12/15/06 Working on up linking

WE 12/31/06 Working on up linking

IFC 12/31/06 Working on up linking

NICK 12/31/06 Working on up linking

COMEDY 12/31/06 Working on up linking

SPIKE 12/31/06 Possible up linking, most likely IPTV

MTV Suite thru Hits 12/31/06 Working on up linking

TNT 12/31/06 Working on up linking

TBS 12/31/06 Working on up linking

CARTOON 12/31/06 Working on up linking

CNN 12/31/06 Working on up linking

DISNEY E. 12/31/06 Working on up linking

ESPN 12/31/06 WILL NOT BE ON C-BAND

ESPN2 12/31/06 WILL NOT BE ON C-BAND

COURT TV 1/31/06 Working on up linking

NFL Network – Found on GB (Galaxy 11) 410

NFL Network HD – coming soon as an a la carte service.

In an earlier dated post, John from NPS, listed also CNN Headline News and Discovery as channels that are going digital by years-end.

By the way The Golf Channel is supposed to go digital anytime.

In an earlier dated post, John from NPS, listed also CNN Headline News and Discovery as channels that are going digital by years-end.

By the way The Golf Channel is supposed to go digital anytime.

I'm pretty sure SRL has the Golf Channel on X4 available for subscription. I think that's a HITS feed.

I just hope we can still get the master feeds of some of the analogs digital feeds and not that mess like whats on G9, my dish network has better pq, and that's not saying much!

Example, USA/Sci-Fi/Nickelodeon!!

I just hope we can still get the master feeds of some of the analogs digital feeds and not that mess like whats on G9, my dish network has better pq, and that's not saying much!

The 4dtv can get Disney, ABC family, USA, Sci fi and others in the master feeds, NPS should do like what HBO does on G-15 there feeds look great, NPS seems to be puling a pizza dish style with there channels, I seen the HITS feeds and they are not the best but better than pizza dish, not like our master feeds though.

The 4dtv can get Disney, ABC family, USA, Sci fi and others in the master feeds, NPS should do like what HBO does on G-15 there feeds look great, NPS seems to be puling a pizza dish style with there channels, I seen the HITS feeds and they are not the best but better than pizza dish, not like our master feeds though.

Amen, the HITS are OK, but nothing like HBO on G1...I do hope that they at least give us the master feeds of what we can get with 4dtv, then uplink what is PowerVu, seems logical to me, rather than having to uplink all these channels that are just as bad of PQ as my dish network. But when you have $$$ invested in a widescreen TV as I do, I will not complain when it comes to 4dtv, master feeds are so bright and pretty, compared to any small dish (except StarChoice).

My guess is we're going to see a lot more of the G9 mess than we will good quality master feeds.

Is it cheaper for them to uplink them or to get a deal for us to use the master feeds?

I won't sub to the reuplinked mess unless its great great great PQ, so I don't know why they would waste there time, unless its a powervu channel we still should be able to get the DCII, that's what 4dtv is for -- correct me if I am wrong.

Wasting money on uplinking bad PQ channels isn't right in my opinion, unless its a powervu. Just isn't right!

I can watch bad PQ Turner channels on Dish network and cable. I won't be a subscriber.

Hope they don't get the bright idea to do the movie channels that way.

:mad:

Is it cheaper for them to uplink them or to get a deal for us to use the master feeds?

I won't sub to the reuplinked mess unless its great great great PQ, so I don't know why they would waste there time, unless its a powervu channel we still should be able to get the DCII, that's what 4dtv is for -- correct me if I am wrong.

Wasting money on uplinking bad PQ channels isn't right in my opinion, unless its a powervu. Just isn't right!

I can watch bad PQ Turner channels on Dish network and cable. I won't be a subscriber.

Hope they don't get the bright idea to do the movie channels that way.

:mad:

The 4DTV will not read 29.270 combo bit rate but will read split bit rates at that symbol rate. This is known as megapipe feeds. Something Motorola failed to work on along with TDT over flow issues.

Here's a novel idea.....instead of a 6% service charge, why not charge the people who want the channel what it really costs them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)