More Audio Sync Issues -- Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Another personal attack, how nice. Keep my name out of your negative mouth & posts (it is somewhat funny how you love to follow me around to disparage some of my posts; I guess you either hate DirecTV or me that much). I have no reason to lie about my experiences and the facts support this being a per user issue NOT a system wide issue. PERIOD! My intention is to help the user look at more than JUST the DBS provider; whichever they have; because many times IT IS something in their setup. There were a few posters just a few weeks ago that confirmed that upping to the v1.3a HDMI cable DID HELP thier particular setup and the audio sync issue (so why hate / try to HELP!) The items used TVs, A/V units, cables and such DO MATTER when it comes to operation. Bottom line: no need to hate on me because I am able to get mine & my friends units working correctly!

Last edited:
Note, it takes more bytes of info to drive a hd pic than audio, so they might be out of sync when you first tune to a hd channel. there are computers monitoring that symptom which corrects the problem as soon as you change channels. Cool, huh? At least thats what the engineers have led me to believe...

Another personal attack, how nice. Keep my name out of your negative mouth & posts (it is somewhat funny how you love to follow me around to disparage some of my posts; I guess you either hate DirecTV or me that much).

I have made 8 posts on this site in the past 17 months. In one of them I made mention of you, that was today.

And for the record a 1.3 cable does help, it certainly does not eliminate the problem. Directv has had sync issues on their HD channels since at least mid 2003. Its posted all over the internet over and over for years and years. Thats all I have to say about it. Simple searches at the various A/V sites will more than verify my statements. I would imagine Google would be a good place to search as well.

EDIT: After doing the search myself on Google, it is a really good place to look. Dont even bother with the A/V sites, as there is a massive plethera of info regarding D* audio sync issues on Google. Im sure its all just made up though :)

Last edited:
Well, again no as I have multiple HD DVRs and a non-DVR HD receiver and none exhibit this issue. I also know of well over 50 individuals, friends and family that have one or the other series of HD or HD DVR that also do not have these audio issues (connected in all the various methods); nor most of the other issues read about the DVR. With some many scenarios of TVs, cables, A/V receives, etc, its no wonder these rare occurrences can't be nailed down.

You can, and I would never advise against that action, but be prepared to be offered a refurbished HD DVR as the solution. I would try a quality v1.3a HDMI cable first (post #8). I assume by reading the you connect HDMI from DirecTV to TV? If so, what make & model TV?
I will buy one of those cheap HDMI 1.3 cables for only a few bucks to see if it helps. Is that what you have is one of those? I do connect the HD DVR to the TV by a HDMI connection (Acoustic Research HDMI cable to be exact). My make and model of my TV is a Samsung LCD LN-T4661F.

This charper guy defends D* as if his life depends on it, always has, always will.
I wouldn't say that. He is just interested in this stuff as many as of us are and wants to try and help everyone the best he can. He has probably had DTV for a long time and knows a wide variety of issues that people have through personal experience and knowledge on reading up on this stuff.

Note, it takes more bytes of info to drive a hd pic than audio, so they might be out of sync when you first tune to a hd channel. there are computers monitoring that symptom which corrects the problem as soon as you change channels. Cool, huh? At least thats what the engineers have led me to believe...
When I flip the channel and go back to the channel that is having issues the audio is still not lined up. More chances than not the channel you flip to will have the video and audio matched up, but if you go back to the original channel that is having the issues, the audio sync issue is still there.

I have no reason to lie about my experiences and the facts support this being a per user issue NOT a system wide issue. PERIOD!

Please refer to my a, b, and c scenarios as outlined in post #19.

I forgot to mention option D though: The guy whose favorite steak is a chuck steak and will settle for anything :)

And dont forget option E either: The guy that has a secretly vested interest in Directv and would wallow in piles of glass naked to defend them :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts