More Bad Customer Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't say he has jurisdiction. I said that he was confirming she was in the right to get a refund.

Yeah but they have no authoritive. Only if he was sent out by case managment and still no signal then Billing would reverse the ecf but the tech has no say so other then he cant get los

I'm thinkin another poorly trained HSP employee tried to "just get the job in" and found out the hard way no LOS is no LOS! I'm thinking she should have any damage caused to her house repaired. "free professional damage to your house":rant: by an undertrained bone :eek: head who needed a job, employed by a money hungry HSP who can't seem to afford skilled techs so they employ anyone who has a pulse gives them enough training to make them dangerous and lets them loose.

In my opinion the correct thing for DirecTV to have done was when the TV station called and they investigated the issue and saw that 5 techs couldn't get it working was say,
"We here at DirecTV have looked over this case and have agreed to let the customer out of her commitment. We are sorry for the problem that this billing issue has caused."

That would have been the correct thing to do, she is not trying to weasel her way out of anything, the service just dont work.

I agree with the needed END result, but I would bet great $$$ the the ENTIRE story is NOT being reported!!! They rarely are as they want the big guys to always look 110% at fault. There is enough blame to share; including the end user . Scott you especially should know this. Media is almost always hellbent on bad writing without checking ALL the facts. Seems the site is slowly sliding toward its "ANTI" slant in it's commentary style to settle a few personal sour notes.

I agree with the needed END result, but I would bet great $$$ the the ENTIRE story is NOT being reported!!! They rarely are as they want the big guys to always look 110% at fault. There is enough blame to share; including the end user . Scott you especially should know this. Media is almost always hellbent on bad writing without checking ALL the facts. Seems the site is slowly sliding toward its "ANTI" slant in it's commentary style to settle a few personal sour notes.

Agreed. I will say that there is something not quite right if the woman did eveything that she said she did then we should of reverse the charges. But for cya perposes until I see an the account I will say anything is possible. As I seem people claim all types of things on the phone I look up there account and there simply not true.

I wrote to the website which had the story and game some information that might help and my personal line at directv.

Just on a side note a local womany had issues with dish in my area. So like others have said this is not a dtv problem but just industry problem.

first off.. HOW did the tech get LOS to begin with and say.. "hmph, no LOS, well no matter, lets just set it up, tell her it will work, if not call dtv customer service and i wont have to worry but get a paycheck!"

WHOA! what? no, if you cant get line of site, then you cant install! bottom line. (in tough tree areas, i do take 18 inch dish and stand on the ground where i think i will moount it on the roof much higher, i can tell if i can get los and how strong the signal)

so this is a TECH error setting up a dish in a LOS area not once but 4 other times and still not getting service but billed for it. If you say to no LOS, they dont get billed...

as a senior tech for my area, i would not allow it no matter what the job would pay you in your pocket... its not worth the hassle bc if you have to go back and fix YOUR error, you do have to pay for it and it automatically comes out of your paycheck. think before you install in a LOS and just say, oh well.

first off.. HOW did the tech get LOS to begin with and say.. "hmph, no LOS, well no matter, lets just set it up, tell her it will work, if not call dtv customer service and i wont have to worry but get a paycheck!"

WHOA! what? no, if you cant get line of site, then you cant install! bottom line. (in tough tree areas, i do take 18 inch dish and stand on the ground where i think i will moount it on the roof much higher, i can tell if i can get los and how strong the signal)

so this is a TECH error setting up a dish in a LOS area not once but 4 other times and still not getting service but billed for it. If you say to no LOS, they dont get billed...

as a senior tech for my area, i would not allow it no matter what the job would pay you in your pocket... its not worth the hassle bc if you have to go back and fix YOUR error, you do have to pay for it and it automatically comes out of your paycheck. think before you install in a LOS and just say, oh well.

Last winter someone (tech #1) could have hit a signal of some kind thriugh the trees. As the season changed and the leaves appeared techs #2-#5 had no luck.
Betya someone who arrives in November will have good luck.

Joe

No just telling my honest feelings.

DirecTV does not need all the negative PR of customer service they are getting lately.

I had one happen to me personally the other day that I did not post because I felt people would say I am just trying to be anti DirecTV.

DirecTV is having a big problem with their customer service and it needs to be fixed now.

It should also be noted that when I see these types of issues reported for Dish I also post them too.

This is a site for consumers and by consumers, we will always put the consumer first no matter how bad it pissed off the satellite companies. And while no company is perfect noting like this FOX News report should ever have to happen to any consumer. Satellite companies need to make the customer their number 1 priority.

Last winter someone (tech #1) could have hit a signal of some kind thriugh the trees. As the season changed and the leaves appeared techs #2-#5 had no luck.
Betya someone who arrives in November will have good luck.

Joe

yah i know that is possible... but every tech should know from training. when spring comes around, will you lose line of sight? I always check that sort of thing before installing or worst putting holes in a roof where you could be liable for it later.

nobody got the gist of it. She can receive a signal for the 101, but her locals are on the 119. Directv is saying just because you don't get your locals is not a big deal. Any area that has their locals on the 119 like mine will run into this problem. D* doesn't care about your locals they care about the core programming which she can get.

yah i know that is possible... but every tech should know from training. when spring comes around, will you lose line of sight? I always check that sort of thing before installing or worst putting holes in a roof where you could be liable for it later.

See, that is where you differ from these turkeys,

They note the leaves are off the trees and go sell every NLOS they can find...things work well all winter. When spring arrives with all the leaves...they are gone and so is the signal.

Add this to new move ins who do not yet realize their tree problem and you get a picture of a small but constant problem.

Joe

nobody got the gist of it. She can receive a signal for the 101, but her locals are on the 119. Directv is saying just because you don't get your locals is not a big deal. Any area that has their locals on the 119 like mine will run into this problem. D* doesn't care about your locals they care about the core programming which she can get.

The local channel aspect was not stressed in the TV NEWS piece. The customer herself mentioned the locals. Still looks like a case of "the trees" ,,,which will get better this winter.

People change from DISH to DTV & the other way because of one channel all the time.
Directv is charging her more than the tech was paid for the installation.

Joe

See, that is where you differ from these turkeys,

They note the leaves are off the trees and go sell every NLOS they can find...things work well all winter. When spring arrives with all the leaves...they are gone and so is the signal.

Add this to new move ins who do not yet realize their tree problem and you get a picture of a small but constant problem.

Joe

I know it. i know a tech in my area that did that all winter and came spring.. service calls for majority of the installs just so they can make a paycheck. (it was a policy where once an install is done, 3 months form there if no problems presist, you are free from any tech error and dont have to pay for it) now its changed, its any thing that is repaired first season comes. (for example installed winter, come spring it causes problems due to tree leaves)

there are lots of bad techs out there that just wanna get in and out just to make a buck.

that then makes me as a senior tech a bad name. we hired a new training person (which im good friends from when we both started out in DTV and he'll definately make sure they do their job. however, for other parts of the state/nation.. i dunno what to say. its hard to find honest hard workers these days.

I know it. i know a tech in my area that did that all winter and came spring.. service calls for majority of the installs just so they can make a paycheck. (it was a policy where once an install is done, 3 months form there if no problems presist, you are free from any tech error and dont have to pay for it) now its changed, its any thing that is repaired first season comes. (for example installed winter, come spring it causes problems due to tree leaves)

there are lots of bad techs out there that just wanna get in and out just to make a buck.

that then makes me as a senior tech a bad name. we hired a new training person (which im good friends from when we both started out in DTV and he'll definately make sure they do their job. however, for other parts of the state/nation.. i dunno what to say. its hard to find honest hard workers these days.

Directv & their HSP pals just can't win,

Sure they get screwed by the NLOS thing...but they also charge techs for failed equipment, customer incompetence, customer failure to have a landline...anything that comes out of the telephone could cost a tech $100.00. First the honest & competent guys move on without problem leaving the unemployable. Then even the dregs quit leaving a need for someone...anyone to get out there. So the druggies and idiots and crooks get jobs.

(Oversimplified)

Joe

Directv & their HSP pals just can't win,

Sure they get screwed by the NLOS thing...but they also charge techs for failed equipment, customer incompetence, customer failure to have a landline...anything that comes out of the telephone could cost a tech $100.00. First the honest & competent guys move on without problem leaving the unemployable. Then even the dregs quit leaving a need for someone...anyone to get out there. So the druggies and idiots and crooks get jobs.

(Oversimplified)

Joe

well im the ONLY actual directv in my area. the other 2 are contracted employees and they do a crap job and i do an extensive service calls to fix it. but again, if its a recent job, i get their paycheck bc it will be taken from them into mine to fix it.

well im the ONLY actual directv in my area. the other 2 are contracted employees and they do a crap job and i do an extensive service calls to fix it. but again, if its a recent job, i get their paycheck bc it will be taken from them into mine to fix it.

That part is only fair,

Most states require some sort of do-over period before refused work can be redone and payments back charged. If General Motors rejects a batch of gears the supplier can send more corrected parts if it wants to be paid. With satellite installation the "contractors" are often individuals that are paid like contractors but treated like employees. These guys move around in order to avoid being caught with their crappy work discovered. But if they refuse to fix defective jobs they should get no pay.

It is a hard system to operate.

Some systems send out the clowns with the knowledge that the crappy work will have to be fixed but the daily installation schedules get met, sort of.

Paying well for good work and getting rid of ineffective performers promptly works better.

Joe

Paying well for good work and getting rid of ineffective performers promptly works better.

Joe

that i do get indeed!!!!... and its very very nice paycheck on a regular install/service calls.

I remember when i was a HSP, when my company filed bankruptcy, directv had been calling me for 2 months trying to get me on board... finally i got an agreement with payroll and been happy with my pay since and i get first pick of work orders that come and the rest goes to the two existing HSP techs in my area.

The local channel aspect was not stressed in the TV NEWS piece. The customer herself mentioned the locals. Still looks like a case of "the trees" ,,,which will get better this winter.

People change from DISH to DTV & the other way because of one channel all the time.
Directv is charging her more than the tech was paid for the installation.

Joe

You know what funny the Directv is playing in the background on the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)