More billing problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

astrossuperfan

Baseball Junkie
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
H-town, Tejas
I cancelled Voom about a month and 1/2 ago, and the other day my CC got charged for a month of service. I called Voom and asked them about it, and they said that the installers had not yet posted my equipment as returned, therefore not closing my account.

The CSR put me on hold, called the installer, checked in my equipment, and closed the account. I said great, now credit my card back for the $80+ that was charged. She said she couldn't, and would have to send me a check IN 4-6 WEEKS!!! I told her that was unacceptable, and argued with her and a supervisor. Finally when I saw it was hopeless, I said if you MUST send me a check, to make sure the check amount also included any fees and interest my CC company would charge me. She said she also could not do that. Wow.

I reported Voom to the better business bureau, and I hope they fail. No company should be able to operate this way, no matter how many HDTV channels they have.

astrossuperfan said:
I cancelled Voom about a month and 1/2 ago, and the other day my CC got charged for a month of service. I called Voom and asked them about it, and they said that the installers had not yet posted my equipment as returned, therefore not closing my account.

The CSR put me on hold, called the installer, checked in my equipment, and closed the account. I said great, now credit my card back for the $80+ that was charged. She said she couldn't, and would have to send me a check IN 4-6 WEEKS!!! I told her that was unacceptable, and argued with her and a supervisor. Finally when I saw it was hopeless, I said if you MUST send me a check, to make sure the check amount also included any fees and interest my CC company would charge me. She said she also could not do that. Wow.

I reported Voom to the better business bureau, and I hope they fail. No company should be able to operate this way, no matter how many HDTV channels they have.

Voom is losing good people by stupid buisness practices!

astrossuperfan said:

Astrossuperfan,

CSRs cannot do refund/billing. She just told you a scripted answer. If you want your money back soon, please email Wilt and he will connect you to the right person.

Wow, I can't believe it. They actually think you will give them a 4-6 week loan? I agree about calling your credit card company. If Wilt needs to be emailed to take care of these issues, then that company has serious problems.

Sean Mota said:
Astrossuperfan,

CSRs cannot do refund/billing. She just told you a scripted answer. If you want your money back soon, please email Wilt and he will connect you to the right person.

But he posted that he talked to a supervisor,that should help handle the problem if not what is the supervisor there for.

I don't know about everyone else here , but if I ever cancel , I plan on calling my CC company right before I call Voom and tell them not to let Rainbow DBS put any charges on my CC and if they do I am not going to pay them and dispute the charges if any are applied.

bruce said:
But he posted that he talked to a supervisor,that should help handle the problem if not what is the supervisor there for.

I am not saying that it won't get resolved througth the supervisor and I am sure it will. But if you want this to be resolved in less time, Wilt is the person to contact.

I cancelled service today.

The REAL RIP OFF is that you have to pay until the equipment is picked up and reported by the Company as "returned", NOT the day you request disconnecting the service. NEVER have seen that before!

What kind of business practice is that?

As we all know, these installers are very reliable, therefore it is possible that your service contract will be "involuntary extended" !

Good luck to anybody here.

Why should Wilt have to do everything for this company? Why couldn't a supervisor handle a simple refund? Like I said before, I hope they fail, and fail HUGE.

I tried calling my CC company, but they said since it was a recurring charge it reflects a contract between me and Voom, therefore they won't/can't stop any such charges.

(they should have said: "why would we stop charges that push you over your limit, which allow us to make more money on fees and interest?")

Because of this craziness, I won't ever go back to Voom. It's too bad, because I might have thought about it... Also, due to my new found angst against the company, I urge everyone here to call and threaten to cancel. They offered me four free months of Va-Va-Voom, with no equipment charges either. Get all you can out of this POS company.

Hey Sucbasoul, Do you still get to watch Voom until they pick it up? Because if not, this is upsetting to know that if you cancel and are still getting charged and you have no programing to watch that is Bull.

LOBO2999 said:
Hey Sucbasoul, Do you still get to watch Voom until they pick it up? Because if not, this is upsetting to know that if you cancel and are still getting charged and you have no programing to watch that is Bull.

No Lobo, that's because I don't want/need the service any more. That's the point.

I called today and don't need the service as of today. I did the same when I cancelled DTV switching to Voom. With DTV no problem at all, service is cancelled as soon as you call, even got a refund for already payed programming with the next billing cycle (<2 weeks). No problems whatsoever.

With Voom you call, e.g., today to cancel, but you actually PAY until the installer reports the equipment as "returned".

In my case that means, I payed already until July 31st, cancelled today (7/22/04), but I will get NO refund for programming charges between 7/22/04 and 7/31/04. Of course, if the installer doesn't report the equipment on 7/31/04 they will probably try to get the money for that delay as well.

Now, if they would argue the rental fee for the box, I could live with that (although still highly questionable), but programming charges, that is a RIP OFF!

Astrossuperfan,

If you want to leave it up to the Supervisor, that's your choice. If it was me, I would have contacted not only Wilt but Dolan as well. It is up to you.

I would suggest anyone canceling would best be advised to have the install tech call Voom before he leaves. He could report the uninstall as completed and Voom would then close the account. Less chance of the equipment being misplaced and delaying the closure.

Rhodemaster said:
I would suggest anyone canceling would best be advised to have the install tech call Voom before he leaves. He could report the uninstall as completed and Voom would then close the account. Less chance of the equipment being misplaced and delaying the closure.

Actually, this (i.e., de-install tech calling Voom before he leaves your home) should be a standard procedure.

Yea, It is kind of weird how issues with Voom never get handled until you crack the Wilt, I mean Whip!

I was just going over my statement, looks like they messed up on mine as well. I was charged twice this month.

I just emailed Wilt and hopefully it gets fixed.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was just going over my statement, looks like they messed up on mine as well. I was charged twice this month.

I just emailed Wilt and hopefully it gets fixed.
Scott,
I think this is a result of Voom switching from paying for the previous month to pre-paying for the next month of service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)