XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES FIRST BLU-RAY TITLES

Rod Stewart – Live at Royal Albert Hall And John Legend, Live at the House of Blues to Be Released on Blu-ray Format

Friday, June 2, 2006 -- SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT today announced its first titles for Blu-ray Disc, the next generation high definition optical media format: Rod Stewart -- Live at Royal Albert Hall and John Legend, Live at the House of Blues, which includes three never-before-seen live videos. The source video for both titles was shot in high definition. Both titles will be released during the summer of 2006.

“We are delighted to announce the release of the first SONY BMG titles on the Blu-ray format,” commented Thomas Hesse, President, Global Digital Business, SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT. “These dynamic concerts from John Legend and Rod Stewart have all of the immediacy and excitement of a live performance, giving fans high definition video, and uncompressed surround sound for an extraordinary entertainment experience.”

Rod Stewart - Live at Royal Albert Hall includes live performances of Rod Stewart classics such as “Maggie May/Gasoline Alley” and “Stay With Me,” both of which feature Ron Wood, as well as “Reason To Believe,” “First Cut Is The Deepest,” and “You’re In My Heart.” Also included are songs from Rod Stewart’s 14x platinum Grammy-winning Great American Songbook series including his compelling renditions of timeless standards, such as “Blue Moon,” “They Can’t Take That Away From Me,” “What A Wonderful World,” and “As Time Goes By,” which features Chrissie Hynde. In addition, Rod Stewart - Live at Royal Albert Hall includes a ten minute behind-the-scenes/making of piece on the artist.

The Blu-ray version of John Legend Live at the House of Blues includes exclusive live video of the Grammy winning artist performing “Ordinary People,” “So High,” and “Alright.” Also included are stellar performances of “Let’s Get Lifted,” and “She Don’t Have To Know,” among many other tracks, as well as special guest appearances from Kanye West, and Snoop Dog. The disc also features an interview with John Legend, and behind the scenes footage.

Other content producers supporting Blu-ray include Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, MGM, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Lionsgate, Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Universal Music Group, Warner Home Video.

About SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.

Looks like SatelliteGuys.us might be the first site on the Internet to post this new announcement. :D

I got it directly from The Blu-ray Disc Association. By the way, as I am told, to date, 108 titles have been announced for release on Blu-ray Disc versus 44 on HD-DVD. Of the announced titles, 25 are expected to be available on both formats, only 19 are unique to HD-DVD, and 83 will be available only on Blu-ray Disc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)