More Cozi fun

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks for the update billyboy_1. I see what you mean about the feed/lnb mismatch. there are so many different interface flanges. my suggestion is find out your antennas exact model # or part # (is the sticker on the back of the dish legible .... if so post a pic here). here's a good thread for you to read. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/rebuilding-an-prodelin-andrew-1-8.326064/

look for a factory feedhorn for it. ok i was nice & did some searching for you (you're welcome ... its in the thread listed above btw) these guys sell prodelin stuff. https://www.sateng.com/satellite/receive-only-feeds/products.aspx

you can never have enough of those prodelin 1.8's (even to have spare equipment) so go get the EJ dish.
Thanks for the help beavs. The best I can tell from doing some research is that the antenna is a Prodelin 1194. The ku receive only feed for a 1183 looks like it would be just right for this antenna due to the fact they are the same reflector. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the help beavs. The best I can tell from doing some research is that the antenna is a Prodelin 1194. The ku receive only feed for a 1183 looks like it would be just right for this antenna due to the fact they are the same reflector. Thanks for the link.
you probably already looked @ this but in case you havenèt look @ attachment it helped me differentiate between models. note how there is two versions of the 1.8m dish. they have different physical dimensions & offset angles. there iséwas a 1184 model also which is a céku 1.8M txérx. good luck!

Attachments

• ANT geometry 4000-031.pdf
    55.3 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: billyboy_1
I'm having some minor problems with my multi switch/diseqc setup. Two of the three receivers on the system won't show any signal on a given satellite unless a certain one of them is on that same satellite. Can someone point me to some good reading on this type of setup. Previously I was using a 4x4 multi switch and had no problems.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    841.5 KB · Views: 148
I'm having some minor problems with my multi switch/diseqc setup. Two of the three receivers on the system won't show any signal on a given satellite unless a certain one of them is on that same satellite. Can someone point me to some good reading on this type of setup. Previously I was using a 4x4 multi switch and had no problems.
If I disconnect the first receiver (far left diseqc) the other two work correctly.

I have couple (one installed another not) of exactly same dishes. Those are great ones. But you better separate hardware (dish, mount, LNB) from diseqc part.
I have friend who could adjust any universal LNB to original Prodelin feedhorn, that would cost you shipment across the pond and some money for machinery he is going to use to make flange.
2e46a38836bb.jpg 5776c24ad49c.jpg

Substitute that receiver into another 'slot' and/or substitute another receiver into its 'slot'. (Try to figure out if it's the receiver or the switch)

I have couple (one installed another not) of exactly same dishes. Those are great ones. But you better separate hardware (dish, mount, LNB) from diseqc part.
I have friend who could adjust any universal LNB to original Prodelin feedhorn, that would cost you shipment across the pond and some money for machinery he is going to use to make flange.
View attachment 103293 View attachment 103294
That is the exact same one I have. I believe it to be an 1194. The 1183 is the same reflector but the feed is different.

Substitute that receiver into another 'slot' and/or substitute another receiver into its 'slot'. (Try to figure out if it's the receiver or the switch)
Fatair I have switched the receivers all around. It is the same situation. The receiver that is connected to the first diseqc switch (far left) dictates all the other ones. I must have something wrong with my configuration. I have tried different settings on the receivers and still have the same issue.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    937.3 KB · Views: 157
I do not really care about exact model of dish 1194 or 1183, as far as it's main mirror is same. Anyway, I fabricated feedarms to make this dish more multifeed-friendly.
Face1183.JPG

Think now it has to be one of the switches.
You'll probably have to bypass all diseqc switches and run all 3 receivers into each multiswitch dirtectly to check their operation.
If that doesn't find the fault:
Take one of the diseqc's out, one at a time, and run the receiver that's used by it directly to the multiswitches (also one at a time). Think it should 'hickup' when the bad switch is still connected. Operate as it should when it's bypassed.

Think now it has to be one of the switches.
You'll probably have to bypass all diseqc switches and run all 3 receivers into each multiswitch dirtectly to check their operation.
Take one of the diseqc's out, one at a time, and run the receiver that's used by it directly to the multiswitches (also one at a time). Think it should 'hickup' when the bad switch is still connected. Operate as it should when it's bypassed.
Trail and error. Thanks I will check them.

Trial and error not. Just simplifying it to make sure it works in that configuration, then adding complexity, a step at a time, to determine when it stops working correctly. What was added to it that causes improper operation is the cause.

Try each multiswitch with all three receivers -

I re-read my previous post and the second part should have read
Add the diseqc switches, one at a time, and run the other receivers directly to the multiswitches
Think it should 'hickup' when the bad switch is then connected. May be a particular port on one of the diseqc switches.

I found this RX only feed and it matched up perfectly with the C120 LNB. This feed was on a 1.2 meter antenna. So far this is the best signals I have seen while working with this antenna. Even better signals than with the feedhorn that was on it, but that was a TX/RX system.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    988.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    736 KB · Views: 164
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    775.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    724 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: Titanium
looks similar to/like a Invacom TWF-031 (umiversal)
Whatever works is rule #1. Nice bracket fabrication.
Yes that's correct a TWF-031. It didn't match up with the feedhorn that came with the antenna but I found this one and fabricated that bracket with some EMT from the local electrical supply store. Really happy with the signal levels now. Thanks for the comment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)