More DRM Coming?

I said what I meant. I know the amount of 1080p is only available on PPV Which I'm think about putting a Black Magic Design card in my PC to record to a BR burner. I was pretty sure of answer when I asked Just wondering if it only outputs to the HDMI when it is hooked up to asource that shows it is hooked up to a monitor that is a 1080p 24 set.

With regular content, you get the same from both outputs. I do not know if that will be the case with PPV with the 1080p/24 test involved. Hopefully someone here has tried it and will know for sure. Many have problems just getting the 1080p feed. I'm one of those that E*'s test says I don't have 1080p/24 which I do. I don't care because I never use E*'s PPV anyway. I just rent BDs for movies.

Thought that too

I'm nowhere near convinced that this approach makes sense. The cost of Blu-ray blank media ($9+ per 25GB disc) makes it not worth the effort.

The Black Magic HDMI card may not work at all due to handshaking.

I though that as well but it also has component in & out as well (this was pointed out to me here). I have things saved on an ext HDD that I would like to archive in HD not SD DVD. These are not possible to get on Commercial B-R disc. Also the price of the commercial disc are over twice price of the said media.

I really use PPV

With regular content, you get the same from both outputs. I do not know if that will be the case with PPV with the 1080p/24 test involved. Hopefully someone here has tried it and will know for sure. Many have problems just getting the 1080p feed. I'm one of those that E*'s test says I don't have 1080p/24 which I do. I don't care because I never use E*'s PPV anyway. I just rent BDs for movies.

I've only used PPV once but was recently sent coupons that will knock price down to a buck. So I may do a bit in future. And yes my panny 42 plasma passes the test. It in fact did tell me that it was showing in 1080p from my info screen.

My point is that until the cost of making copies (including your time) is significantly less than buying, it doesn't make economic sense.

I just discovered a problem downloading dishonline HD content that I think is related to this DRM issue. I have downloaded HD programs in the past without problems but when I tried a few days ago, I got a message that I had a non HDCP tv connected and it would not allow the download. It told me to check an info screen, which I did but the screen indicated that HDCP was working on my HDMI connection. I'm using a 722k and have HD sets connected to both component and HDMI connections. I tried disconnecting the tv on the component connection, thinking that it might be the problem but still didn't work.
Has anyone else run into this?

I just discovered a problem downloading dishonline HD content that I think is related to this DRM issue. I have downloaded HD programs in the past without problems but when I tried a few days ago, I got a message that I had a non HDCP tv connected and it would not allow the download. It told me to check an info screen, which I did but the screen indicated that HDCP was working on my HDMI connection. I'm using a 722k and have HD sets connected to both component and HDMI connections. I tried disconnecting the tv on the component connection, thinking that it might be the problem but still didn't work.
Has anyone else run into this?

disconnect the HDMI connection, and reconnect the component connection. that might work.

disconnect the HDMI connection, and reconnect the component connection. that might work.

I'll try that combination tonight. Last time I downloaded HD content was on a 722 which has since been replaced with a 722K. Maybe it's some kind of s/w issue with the 722K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts