More HD Channels are on its Way - According to TV Predictions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
“[*** The two policy decisions prompted some subscribers to leave, adding to DIRECTV's churn rate. Although DIRECTV was still able to add 662,000 net subscribers in 2011, there's little doubt that the number would have been higher if HD enthusiasts and football fans were better treated.

Now, that said, there's evidence that DIRECTV is trying to make amends with these two critical groups.

In the past month, DIRECTV has added TruTV HD and E! Entertainment in high-def and there's rumblings that more HD channels will be added in the coming weeks. After all-but ignoring the HD audience for two years, DIRECTV suddenly seems extra motivated to make it happy. ***]”

I don’t understand why people here are so suspicious and negative toward the author and his article. The author, Swanni, has always been a straight shooter speaking for the rights of subscribers. Unlike the people of this forum most DTV subscribers feel exactly the same as the author and the article he has presented. It almost seems people here are all DTV apologists or paid schills.

as a retired reporter, the problem i have with swanni is that he steals his material for his blog. he use to not give anyone credit. at least, he has started too but apparently doesn't do it all the time!

and how exactly do you know the root cause for those losses? Hell, I can claim that 95% of those are do to job loss leading to cut back unneeded services in the home.. How can you dispute that?

Both cable and DISH have also lost subs in many places and added added a few... The fact is you don't know, I don't know and Swanni does't know. We just don't open our yaps claiming to be in the know and post it on the net! Geez

The point is, it does not matter of what the causes were. What really matters now is how DTV must do whatever it can to keep its existing customers from leaving and that is exactly what the article has indicated (providing more incentives to existing customers with HDs).

The point is, it does not matter of what the causes were. What really matters now is how DTV must do whatever it can to keep its existing customers from leaving and that is exactly what the article has indicated (providing more incentives to existing customers with HDs).

last point from me; actually, if you are a reporter, it does matter. correct, factual and accurate reporting of "a story" is ALWAYS key and in fact the ethical thing to do. otherwise its a total dis-service to the reader.

This part "how DTV must do whatever it can to keep its existing customers from leaving" is not reporting or news or anything more than plain common sense; and you can plug in ANY COMPANY'S name here and it would be remotely accurate; its just business. Customers always want more, want the next best thing whether its needed or not and they always want it cheaper.

“[*** The two policy decisions prompted some subscribers to leave, adding to DIRECTV's churn rate. Although DIRECTV was still able to add 662,000 net subscribers in 2011, there's little doubt that the number would have been higher if HD enthusiasts and football fans were better treated.

Now, that said, there's evidence that DIRECTV is trying to make amends with these two critical groups.

In the past month, DIRECTV has added TruTV HD and E! Entertainment in high-def and there's rumblings that more HD channels will be added in the coming weeks. After all-but ignoring the HD audience for two years, DIRECTV suddenly seems extra motivated to make it happy. ***]”

I don’t understand why people here are so suspicious and negative toward the author and his article. The author, Swanni, has always been a straight shooter speaking for the rights of subscribers. Unlike the people of this forum most DTV subscribers feel exactly the same as the author and the article he has presented. It almost seems people here are all DTV apologists or paid schills.

LOL! You obviously don't know much about Swanni. So before you blurt out your accusations you need to get your facts straight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)