Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yes folks we REALLY DO listen to you!

We are proud to introduce two new features to SatelliteGuys.US

First we have added "quick reply" to the Private Message feature, this makes it much easier to reply to private messages

Secondly we have heard your requests and tonight have introduced an enhanced New Posts feature! This is a feature we had in earlier versions of our software and we are proud to announce that due to your requests IT'S BACK!

Now you can view all new posts since your last visit for the entire site or for the forum you like best!

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, we work hard to give you the experience you want and deserve!

Thank you for your feedback!

I got used to the new posts feature where you can see all the new posts even if it reset itself. Before it would reset itself so often that I would lose my new posts after an x amount of time but then it stared showing all of the new posts from the past day or so which helped me from losing the new posts.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Secondly we have heard your requests and tonight have introduced an enhanced New Posts feature! This is a feature we had in earlier versions of our software and we are proud to announce that due to your requests IT'S BACK!

Now you can view all new posts since your last visit for the entire site or for the forum you like best!

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, we work hard to give you the experience you want and deserve!

Thank you for your feedback!

How do you turn it on?

No need to turn it on, just select New Posts in the Navigation bar menu at the top of the screen. :)

Ok, maybe I misunderstood what it did. Before you updated the site this last time, everytime I would come to the site it would only show the new posts since I last visited the site. Now it shows new posts as new post that I have not looked at which I do not want because if I am not interseted in the subject then I don't want them to keep showing up as new. Understand or did I confuse you like I just did myself. lol

Everytime I would come to the site it would only show new posts since the last time I visited the site whether I looked at them the last time or not. It no longer does that.

If it does not do that, then you can click MARK ALL FORUMS READ when your done. I even added that to the New Post Dropdown menu. :)

Is the old functionality for "new posts" and "forums" still available somewhere? I have a win2003 machine at the office with some sort of java problem or security setting, and these items are not even showing at all now.

I understand what ramy is asking. It used to be that after an hour (I think) of visiting the site it would automatically mark all posts from that time as read. (After the cookie timed out?)

So if I do not mark all posts read then I will be able to see all of the previous posts with the newest ones first? That is GREAT if you have the feature like that. I got tired of it timing out on me when you had the new posts since your last visit in the past.

Scott: OK, well today I see the Forums link but the New Messages is completely missing. The link you provided works fine though, I'll bookmark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)