More NPS BS to Misinform the public.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I first joined SatForums several yrs back, I believe there were like 300,000 subs still remaining. Of course, the majority of them were analog only, since most of them didn't have a 4dtv I guess. About this same time is when StupidStar and Turner Vixon started their crap about the sky is falling. In front of my eyes, and quite literally, I watched the sub numbers decrease in rapid succession. In my opin, NPS learned something from that bit of history, and then applied that to what they did earlier in the year, thus forcing many to the pizza...the end result being, not enough subs for MOT to keep the ACC running for the 4dtv crowd. The difference being, NPS finished what StupidStar and Turner Vixon tried to accomplish the first time around. It all worked out perfectly for them. The way they did it, there is absolutely no possibility of any class action law suits. what they did was not ethical, but can it be said that it was unlawful? Probably not. As far as the W5 feeds only after the 1st of the year. If that does happen, I seriously can't imagine it working for too long. And even if I were interested in subbing from them, there's no way I could give up the generic maps to do so.

. And even if I were interested in subbing from them, there's no way I could give up the generic maps to do so.

I for one also need my generic maps. Your new so I don't know if you know it. One of the guys here got the source code for the 4play from Rod Hewitt so that may be an option next year if some of the brilliant minds here make it work again.:)

i remember about 6 years ago when nps was a pretty decent company "so they seemed"...truely amazing how people's true colors come out...its a shame their G3 feeds didn't present true color like their business ethics.

Do like I did with NPS. I burned through my credit, spending it right away on c band services. ...
Pro's of C band: Better picture, No rain fade, No contracts.
Con's : Less channels, no DVR.
With Pizza there are contracts, rain fade and the picture can't touch a c band master. But looks better than NPS G3 did.

In this case pizza makes the chef fat and me skeletal. When I read the fine print on the directv offer, it would revert to 69.99 a mo with me stuck in a contract for it. .. for that, I'd expect both net access and tv..

But thanks for the heads up on the credit. I thought I could only use it for switching to a dish.

I think maybe you should see the DIrectv offer before passing judgment
Right now they are giving you $29 off the 1st year and $14 off the 2nd year so most plans even on the 2nd year are under $50

Perhaps you're aware of a more recent offer. The last time I looked, was on a flyer which was mailed to me, and I read the fine print underneath. I like television, but not *that* much. If i could get broadcast TV here, Id drop the entire satellite thing alltogether.

D* has had that promo for 5 months now.....When I got D* back in Feb it was just the $29 off the 1st year...no 2nd year promo

I get $34.00 off a month for my first year with Direct. I got Choice to start $24.99 a month. I upgraded to Choice extra a few days ago, it now is 29.99. I also moved with Direct to get Milwaukee locals and that hits me for $3.20 a month now for taxes. While I had my Chicago locals there was no tax since Illinois has no satellite tax. So now I feed the cheese head state $3.20 for distant locals, So my bill is $33.19. Not bad. Next year I will downgrade my service and pick up 4D channels again. I will see how it all plays out, may have to get a second 4d or 410 for a song, if they don't fix the generic issue. Right now I'm enjoying all the Direct channels at what I think should be the normal price.

IMO , directv is a little pricey unless you work the deals and then call customer service and threaten to cancel after you are out of contract. Usually they will cut you some kind of new deal

Greetings

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone here for the support and spreading the good word. I would also like to assure everyone that we are also doing our part spreading the word. Everyday we talk to hundreds of people about the upcoming events at the end of the year. We will be sending out mass emails and mailings in the coming weeks. Orbit Satellite magazine will be publishing an article in their December issue informing customers that they can continue with their 4Dtv equipment and it will include our website and telephone number. We are getting new customers coming over from NPS everyday and that trend will only continue.

I also wanted to touch down on the NPS talk from this thread. NPS started their down on C-Band agenda around February 1st. It was purely speculation on their part that 4Dtv was going to end on 12/31/10.
Motorola's official letter came out 7/12/10 and before that day everything was speculation. NPS certainly helped with the decision by misleading their customers and selling them their sky is falling rhetoric.

As for any doubt in 2011, Motorola has "committed to making the main HITS services on W5 available to the old 4Dtv customer base on their 9xx boxes." My contact at Comcast has been wonderful to work with.
They are willing to give us anything that is available to us and they have been working very hard and are very eager for us to be able to continue our business.

One last thing.....Motorola has pushed back the date by a few days to shut down the 4Dtv authorization stream. The new date is 1/4/11.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Tim

Satellite Receivers LTD.

1-800-432-8876

www.programming-center.net

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone here for the support and spreading the good word. I would also like to assure everyone that we are also doing our part spreading the word. Everyday we talk to hundreds of people about the upcoming events at the end of the year. We will be sending out mass emails and mailings in the coming weeks. Orbit Satellite magazine will be publishing an article in their December issue informing customers that they can continue with their 4Dtv equipment and it will include our website and telephone number. We are getting new customers coming over from NPS everyday and that trend will only continue.

I also wanted to touch down on the NPS talk from this thread. NPS started their down on C-Band agenda around February 1st. It was purely speculation on their part that 4Dtv was going to end on 12/31/10.
Motorola's official letter came out 7/12/10 and before that day everything was speculation. NPS certainly helped with the decision by misleading their customers and selling them their sky is falling rhetoric.

As for any doubt in 2011, Motorola has "committed to making the main HITS services on W5 available to the old 4Dtv customer base on their 9xx boxes." My contact at Comcast has been wonderful to work with.
They are willing to give us anything that is available to us and they have been working very hard and are very eager for us to be able to continue our business.

One last thing.....Motorola has pushed back the date by a few days to shut down the 4Dtv authorization stream. The new date is 1/4/11.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Tim

Satellite Receivers LTD.

1-800-432-8876

www.programming-center.net

Great to hear Tim. If I can make a suggestion, you said Comcast said they are willing to give us anything that is available to us. How about adding the remaining channels such as Soapnet and a few others that are on W5 (forgot them all) and in the 4DTV DC2 mode. Every little bit helps I'm sure.

The big unanswered question still is the access to the generic maps and current 4DTV ITC channels. This really needs to be addressed and a must for many.

I kinda figured Motorola wasn't going to pull the plug on 12/31 at midnight. Heck it will take the employees till the 4th to recuperate from New Years. :rolleyes:

Keep us informed here :) Satellite Guys should get a Gold Star for spreading the word. I'm doing all I can.

...The big unanswered question still is the access to the generic maps and current 4DTV ITC channels. This really needs to be addressed and a must for many...

+1. But not just the generics, but a full set of standard tiles too. That's the biggie for me.

Cheers

+1. But not just the generics, but a full set of standard tiles too. That's the biggie for me.

Cheers

Make that +2 only it's EVERYTHING to me! I'm not going to do anything that is going to mess with my present sat mapping. Someone with some horsepower needs to reassure me/us that these 9xx sat maps will remain intact cuz if they don't, then there's a bunch of us that won't buy anything. I've already disconnected the coax on my 920 so nothing can be done to the maps I have now and it won't be reconnected again until I know exactly what's going to happen.

Make that +2 only it's EVERYTHING to me! I'm not going to do anything that is going to mess with my present sat mapping. Someone with some horsepower needs to reassure me/us that these 9xx sat maps will remain intact cuz if they don't, then there's a bunch of us that won't buy anything. I've already disconnected the coax on my 920 so nothing can be done to the maps I have now and it won't be reconnected again until I know exactly what's going to happen.

I also want maps as they are in my 922 but I will bend slightly if needed. Generics are a must plus most of my current mapping proven or I ain't doing a MR. I was reading someplace while surfing for info all you need to do is a soft reboot to change the EMM. I don't know how true that is. If thats the case a hit to my decoder number after soft reboot would change the EMM and add the HITS 410 (W5/AI) mapping. I actually still have the AI tile in my 922 from when they tested and I didn't do anything but download the maps. If the theory works from what I read all our current stuff could be saved as is and still sub. I hope what I read is true.

You don't need your coax disconnected to protect your receiver. The thing is you can't be on a DC 2 channel that hits are sent on. They are the W5 channels and mostly the movie channels. If you stay where there is no data stream or an analog channel or dead transponder, you are safe. You must also disable 2AM updates. I leave my dish on C4-10 when not in use now and have not got hit in a while even if I go to non datastream DC-2 channels (like PBS) and watch them. I will probably loose clock hour sync this weekend since it isn't going to get updated and it will stay on summer time just like my *choice 405 is.

As far as kill hits go if they send it. I would have to think that they will be sent now on 1-4-2011 and after. They will probably send a global deauth for all 4DTV decoder numbers in the database. They may also just disable that EMM stream without a kill and things will cease to work on any Subscription Scrambled channels since the decoder won't find it's EMM provider.

There is little data out on the DC's inner workings. I have studied it for a while now and do understand it to a point. Some of its mystery has been uncovered to me and more will as this whole transition takes place.

My contact at Comcast has been wonderful to work with.

Just to let everyone know, everything available would be everything listed here that is NOT GREEN. HITS Quantum on AMC 18 at 105.0°W - LyngSat

Well, it sure would be the ultimate (SD) movie channels service. Kind of like USSB back in the day. InDemand PPV would be nice too, but I'm sure it would have to be web based and/or automated phone based ordering as I don't think SRL wants to invest in lines and equipment for our units to call in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)