More questions about alignment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
First of all I would like to thank you guys for all the help. But this motor and me are not getting along.

So I'm trying to line up with satmex 5 since satmex 5 is not in my receiver or it is 6. Wathever it is for true south. 113. I even entered a tansponder and did some hunting today in the interesting snow storm outside. to make sure I was not hitting the more powerfull D* sattelite I linked my old D* receiver to the out on my prosat. I locked on to what seemed to be between 110 and 119. Good signal and such. But I'll be dipped nothing on 113. So can sombody give me a good transponder with a channel. I saw the transponder list and used that for 113. But I was not sure if there was a channel on it or not. Also I'm starting to get the feeling with my satpro dsr-500 unless I scan the satellite first. I will not get a quality line. Just a signal that is almost always 40-60% I did finally get a nods of the LNB being okay. since currently I was able to get 61.5 and 121. But not 123 or 148 or anything else. So as I figured out. I'm still not 100% lined up at all.

Also can somebody please tell me what my far west and east sattellite would be? The dish is almost all the way east to get 61.5 and I belive I should have more room. Perhaps it is the compas I'm using. I did double check all my other settings.

dish, alignment and such. Most everything picks up on the meter going across. For the elevation. In fact when I used the switch the motor I was hitting one after another and another. But only ended up with like 4 strong and 2 week. telling me I'm still off.

To bad I have all the luck picking up D*. Guess those are stronger. Though one day I was goofing around and stuff a primestar dish on my porch. Connected it up. Boom signal. I'm like yea right. But sure enough. Never did figure out what sat it was from. No compus at the time.

Anyway. Please help

thank you,

Josh

If I point my dish at 113W (Coolsat 6000 factory setting offers Solidaridad/C at that point) and do a blind scan I get about 4 channels, all radio, all AC-3 so I have no idea what content.

The strongest signal is on 11.860V 10.000 if that is any help.

In setting up my motor I found it very helpful to have a fixed dish available. Both my dishes have a similar offset, so I was able to get a fix on my due south satellite with the fixed dish and measure with a home-made declinometer the actual angle from vertical of the dish (calibration on the BEV/DishN dish seems to be totally at odds with reality). I then set the motor mount due south and applied the same declination angle to the motorized dish. Then motoring over to the closest due south satellite picked up a signal immediately for peaking.

Yes, I was thinking of using the primestar fixed dish to point since you are correct. After seing the angle of a dish that you slightly knudge around like on my porch to get a signal. It gives me a great idea of what to look at. Also I see your point on 113. Nothing in the clear. But I assume the channel list should light up even if it is encrypted after a blind scan.

I always search for 'FTA' stuff on my Coolsat, so the radio channels I found should be in the clear even if AC-3. So the radio channels including the one specified in the freq. setting might be visible to your setup and useful for peaking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)