More Significantly Viewed stations launched

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
According to DISH's website:

Austin, TX Enhanced 1
Austin, TX Enhanced 2
Terre Haute Enhanced 1
Tyler, TX Enhanced 1
Tyler, TX Enhanced 2

I am in the Tyler DMA but have no additional channels available at this time.

Tyler Enhanced 1 & 2

Chad,

I am in Tyler also, and although I am currently with Cox cable, I had Dish for many years previous to this. When Voom went dark, I switched to Cox rather than back to Dish because cable's PQ was MUCH better in SD than Dish and their HD is full bandwidth and excellent. I know that all cable co's aren't the same, but for now this seems to be the better choice. However, I am interested in finding out what significantly viewed channels we are supposed to be getting. I can't think of any stations that we can easily get that aren't local without a major whopping big antenna. I am probably going to go back to Dish next year when the Mpeg 4 receivers rollout (the 411 leaps to mind). So I am trying to figure out what additional stations we would be getting if I do. I can't find anything mentioning what the additional stations are.

Thanks, Randy

Ty2083 said:
Chad,

I am in Tyler also, and although I am currently with Cox cable, I had Dish for many years previous to this. When Voom went dark, I switched to Cox rather than back to Dish because cable's PQ was MUCH better in SD than Dish and their HD is full bandwidth and excellent. I know that all cable co's aren't the same, but for now this seems to be the better choice. However, I am interested in finding out what significantly viewed channels we are supposed to be getting. I can't think of any stations that we can easily get that aren't local without a major whopping big antenna. I am probably going to go back to Dish next year when the Mpeg 4 receivers rollout (the 411 leaps to mind). So I am trying to figure out what additional stations we would be getting if I do. I can't find anything mentioning what the additional stations are.

Thanks, Randy

According to this list published by the FCC, the following additional channels have SV status in Smith County:

KDFW-TV, 4, Dallas, TX
KTVT, 11, Fort Worth, TX
KTBS-TV, 3, Shreveport, LA
KSLA-TV, 12, Shreveport, LA
KMSS-TV, 33, Shreveport, LA

KMSS and KTBS have been uplinked in the SV channel range since last week.

And I am former Cox subscriber and would never return to that trainwreck of a company.

I wonder if Dayton locals will be added to Cincinnati locals, or vice versa? Dayton locals are on the SuperDish and Cincy is not. I'm guessing that would be a problem or I guess I would just need a SuperDish since I get the Cincy stations now even though I live closer to Dayton (Springboro, OH in case anyone has heard of it).

KTBS is still not available on my receivers even thought DISH's system says I qualify for it. Everyone I've talked to in the area that has DISH is having the same problem. Someone at DISH has screwed up.

BearcatScott said:
I wonder if Dayton locals will be added to Cincinnati locals, or vice versa? Dayton locals are on the SuperDish and Cincy is not. I'm guessing that would be a problem or I guess I would just need a SuperDish since I get the Cincy stations now even though I live closer to Dayton (Springboro, OH in case anyone has heard of it).
Hi neighbor. I find myself in Springboro going to Parts Express and MCM from time to time. :)

I'm wishing for the same thing being in Kettering. I'd love to have mainly 9, 12, and 19 in the Dayton market. TWC has those here and even further north of me. I can get those via antenna, but not as clearly as I'd like without having to put up a bigger antenna than I'd like. And I'd be willing to settle with the E* "clarity" of locals... :rolleyes:

By the way, you'll notice in some other thread(s) on here, the Dayton stations are all currently being mirrored at 129 (to be received with Dish 1000, or an additional Dish 300, etc.). Maybe they'll move them off 105 and I'll get a Dish 1000 in exchange for my SuperDish. Or better, they let me "dispose of" the SuperDish. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)