More than 4 HDTVs in one household.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
This is what I will have when I add another this weekened to our new addition. I guess my only option to be able to recieve programmming in high def on all of them is to set up another set dishes or is there a way to have more than 4 feeds coming from the dish? I have a 44 switch now. They can't be piggy backed can they?

btw, this scenario will be very common in the very near future. More than 4 hdtvs I mean per household.

I'll do a search but if anyone knows the direct link to the thread I would appreciate that too! Thanks, I'll look now.

I've done all my own install with help from this board a few months ago. How do I cascade a dp34 or 44 from my current dp44. Is it as easy as just using one of the feeds out from my dpp44 in to a dp34 the the feeds out from the 34 to my 5th HDTV?

The diagram for cascading the 34 to another and the 44 to another is right on the face of the switch. Im curious as why you think that the norm will be for people to have 4 or more hd sets in the home soon, I just bought my first set in the last month and only because the prices had dropped and I also get a discount.

The diagram for cascading the 34 to another and the 44 to another is right on the face of the switch. Im curious as why you think that the norm will be for people to have 4 or more hd sets in the home soon, I just bought my first set in the last month and only because the prices had dropped and I also get a discount.

Because most households have several tvs. HDTV prices are getting ridiculously cheap. Ex...27 inch LCDs from Macmall at 399. Not the greatest quality but they were going out the door quickly last time I was there. Most households spend at least 200 bucks for a decent old school tv so the price difference is getting thinner. HDTVs are everywhere even Walmart and Target have them now. And you know us Amercians...we gotta have the latest and greatest.

Okay, here's another question you may be able to help me with. While building the addition we unhooked my nonhd dvr. All the other recievers went out. I am assuming that this receiver was powering my dpp44 switch. Is it okay to power the switch by a receiver as I think the power inserter got tossed in the build.

In a word

Okay, here's another question you may be able to help me with. While building the addition we unhooked my nonhd dvr. All the other recievers went out. I am assuming that this receiver was powering my dpp44 switch. Is it okay to power the switch by a receiver as I think the power inserter got tossed in the build.

No. The VIP622 can output enuff amperage w/ out killing it power supply before very long. It has to power the switch and all the LNB's. If you lost the pwr inserter then better buy one off ebay, sadoun or one of the co's that sell this type of equipment.

I have 7 HDTV's running off a dish 1000.2 and a dish 500 pointing at 61.5, so 4 Sats, 3 622's and (4) 211's on two DP44's. And with the OIL company monopoly, instead of RVing and riding the waverunners, we will be sitting at home watching TV and laying by the pool.

Im curious as why you think that the norm will be for people to have 4 or more hd sets in the home soon, I just bought my first set in the last month and only because the prices had dropped and I also get a discount.

Most homes now have TVs in front room, family room, kitchen, and multiple bedrooms, etc. As prices continue to drop, virtually all new TV purchases will be HD capable. So far we have 3 HDTVs (four if you count the PC monitor that is also HD capable).

No. The VIP622 can output enuff amperage w/ out killing it power supply before very long. It has to power the switch and all the LNB's. If you lost the pwr inserter then better buy one off ebay, sadoun or one of the co's that sell this type of equipment.

Crap! I just threw that thing away the other day thinking it had nothing to do with anything since it was just sitting behind my non hd dvr in my bedroom. The initial install was done by a tech with a superdish so he put the dpp44 on the mast up on the roof. Now I see the proper way to to do it. But it still doesn't eplain why he didn't run a cable from behind my nonhd dvr from the power suppy back up to the switch huh? I then put a dish 1000 and a 500 on myself to get my locals in hd. So I am capable as most people are of installing stuff myself. So it appears my nonhd dvr (can't remember model) has been powering my switch. WHy do some members say this is okay and some say no? Do I really need to buy a new power supply?

Most homes now have TVs in front room, family room, kitchen, and multiple bedrooms, etc. As prices continue to drop, virtually all new TV purchases will be HD capable. So far we have 3 HDTVs (four if you count the PC monitor that is also HD capable).
Most homes have TV's in the kitchen? I'm not buying that. Out of the 20-30 people's houses I can think of off the top of my head, only 1 of them has a TV in the kitchen.

What E* says

Crap! I just threw that thing away the other day thinking it had nothing to do with anything since it was just sitting behind my non hd dvr in my bedroom. The initial install was done by a tech with a superdish so he put the dpp44 on the mast up on the roof. Now I see the proper way to to do it. But it still doesn't eplain why he didn't run a cable from behind my nonhd dvr from the power suppy back up to the switch huh? I then put a dish 1000 and a 500 on myself to get my locals in hd. So I am capable as most people are of installing stuff myself. So it appears my nonhd dvr (can't remember model) has been powering my switch. WHy do some members say this is okay and some say no? Do I really need to buy a new power supply?

Here's a link to E* tech Portal info on the DPP44. Read the 4th line. The pwr inserter isn't optional according to E*.
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/equipment/dish_pro.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts