More than 4 tv's?

Zathraaas

Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
We are buying a new house and I am thinking about making the switch from evil high priced cable. However, in our current house I installed an 8-way distribution system and have become spoiled with tv's all over the place.

All of the info I see on the dish and directv websites talks about a limit of 4 tv's. There's gotta be a way to do more than 4, without having a 2nd subscription, right? :)
Is there a good resource someone can point me to that details how to configure and set up a dss system with more than 4 tv's?

I know I could split the output from 1 receiver to 2 tv's, but with 3 kids, we do sometimes have the need to tune 5 tv's separately.

Thanks
Bill

multiswitches are available that split the line into 8 or more individual lines. If you do a quick search you will find them online. When you order your system you can get it with it this way you dont get the wrong one since there are many different ones available for different dishes and companies.

If you start adding many TVs your sat bill will exceed your cable bill, unless you have only digital cable

DISH Network allows up to 6 receivers per account and 2 of them can be 2-tuner/2-output boxes that act as if they were seperate receivers but without the additional fee of having a seperate box.

What you really need to be thinking about is how many seperate programs need to be on simultaneously rather than how many TVs you have. The fact is that one box can feed more than 1 TV if seperate programming isn't necessary.

(I have one single-tuner DVR feeding 3 TVs in my house. Since I also have an OTA antenna for local channels either TV can watch either of 2 seperate programs.)

The DISH 2-tuner/2-output boxes are often connnected to 1 "main" TV on output #1 ("TV1") and multiple TVs around the house on output #2 ("TV2").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts