More Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MergaTroy6

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Upgrades to the GUI wil roll out this week across the service area. It is mainly to fix bugs with the user guide such as the audio clipping out when you bring up the guide and the picture flickering. Its basically to give the appearance of a smoother transition.

The new software version will also block adult titles from showing in your active rentals section as well.

I'll update with all the fixes and the roll out schedule when I get to my desk tomorrow.

MergaTroy6 said:
Upgrades to the GUI wil roll out this week across the service area. It is mainly to fix bugs with the user guide such as the audio clipping out when you bring up the guide and the picture flickering. Its basically to give the appearance of a smoother transition.

The new software version will also block adult titles from showing in your active rentals section as well.

I'll update with all the fixes and the roll out schedule when I get to my desk tomorrow.

Good news with the audio clipping. Anymore fixes like ande upgrade for the guide or search by keyword capability

Looks like Long Island and part of Jersey are done already. Here is the full list.

• Active Adult VOD rentals will no longer appear on the Active Rentals screen.
• DVR customers will be able to directly tune to the DVR playback channel 1000 from the iO Main Menu.
• Similar to other Interactive Channels, the iO Games Page will also have a screen saver page to minimize image burn-in on projection, plasma, and LCD television
• Video-on-demand previews will no longer direct the customer to the incorrect channel (300).
• The TV window will consistently display when accessing the recorded programs list on the 8300/8300 HD DVR.
• PPV inhibits will no longer prevent customers from accessing Free VOD selections.
• Customers will no longer intermittently lose audio when pressing the GUIDE or iO button on the remote.
• Customers will no longer intermittently lose video in the TV window while frequently toggling between menu and full screen.
• The SA 1850 User Interface Menu will no longer intermittently display on non-SA 1850 boxes.
• The SA box will no longer display the “CA0006 – You are not authorized to receive this channel” error code when a customer attempts to play an expired VOD rental from the Active Rental screen. Instead, the customer will be appropriately notified that the viewing window has closed and that they must reorder the VOD selection.
• Parental control settings will be enabled immediately after reboot.

If the DVR box is recording during the update process the recording will be split into two separate listings. If the DVR is scheduled to record programming during the update period, the recording will begin after the code download is complete. In either case, the recordings will not include the programming missed during the 8-10 minute code download period.

10/18 Bayonne, Hudson and Paterson
10/20 Long Island, Morris, and Warwick
10/25 Connecticut and Westchester
10/26 Bergen, Newark/Elizabeth, Monmouth, Hamilton, Raritan, Oakland, and Rockland
10/27 Brooklyn
11/1 Bronx

Since the upgrade more problems have cropped up. On the dvr, whenever I go into one of the OnDemmand channels and hit the iO button to get back to the guide and change channels, after a few seconds, it puts me right back into the OnDemmand channel. VERY annoying. I have to manually tune to another channel (any non-OD channel that is) in order to stop this from happening.

The Rickster

I haven't received an updates...I'm in Westchester...
well maybe I did.. but on all my boxes (2-SA4200's and 1-SA8300HD) I still get a long pause when going to the guide in both video and sound..

any ideas...
also..ANY idea or possible info on when new HD channels may be coming out?

Boxes rebooted last night but I don't think I got the update because I don't see the DVR option on the IO menu. Also guide doesn't seem to load any faster.

I have rebooted...many times. I have to as, since the upgrade, sometimes I'll just get a black screen when hitting the iO button. I was having this problem on my non-HD non-DVR box and they sent someone out telling me there's a software problem they're working on. It's quite annoying having the problem on my main tv. Oh, I don't seem to have the lockup problems I WAS having on the other box now.

Honestly, I am quite happy with CV as a product, however, their software REALLY sucks butt. I wish they could get their act together and get it to work.

The Rickster

sounds like a line problem to me. Constant re-boots are a sure sign. Call up and make them send out a tech. No reson why one box works and the other doesn't, no matter what the model.

In his original thread, he mentions that a tech came out and told him it's a software problem. I had a similar problem and it was due to a poor signal.

On top of that, most of the time, when I play a recorded program I just get a black screen. I then have to go and play a different program, which then plays and come back to the original one an play that one again. This happens about 95% of the time.

Also, has anyone figured out how to come back to a recorded program and play it from where you left off? I've tried using the pause button and the stop button. No matter what I do it just plays from the start again.

The Rickster

Im having the same problem....i spoke to a CSR and they said I have a negative signal coming into my house....there is a tech coming tomorrow morning to fix the signal.

MergaTroy6 said:
sounds like a line problem to me. Constant re-boots are a sure sign. Call up and make them send out a tech. No reson why one box works and the other doesn't, no matter what the model.

GadgetRick said:
Also, has anyone figured out how to come back to a recorded program and play it from where you left off? I've tried using the pause button and the stop button. No matter what I do it just plays from the start again.

I have an 8300HD. It will remember the last position I stopped watching, but I think it will only remember for upto 24 hours.

My best friend has an 8300 with the same exact problem. I find it hard to believe it's a signal issue if so many people are having a problem. I also asked the tech when she came out for the initial call about a signal issue. She explained it's not a signal issue but a software issue various areas seem to have. She described other problems I was having I hadn't had a chance to tell her about so I sort of believe what she was saying. She was knowledgable enough to indicate she actually had a clue.

Holding the stopped position for 24 hours only is just another example of just how bad the software is. I also understand, if you pause a live show and don't watch the whole thing before the actual show ends, it kicks you back into live TV mode. Just plain stupid.

Again, I really am happy with my service (overall) but these software issues are really getting annoying.

The Rickster

Rickster,

I just got off the phone with digital services. Call up and schedule a service call. They are almost certain this is a signal issue. Make the tech run a new line and put a new box in.

If you really want, PM me and we'll check your upstream/downstream levels.

Thanks. Sorry, been busy this week. I'll have a chance to deal with this early next week. I'll try calling them first and see what I can get done. If that doesn't work, I'll let you know.

Thanks a bunch.

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)