Most affordable broadband

not me, i've had dialup, dsl (sbc/att), cable (charter), satellite (wildblue), EVDO (sprint), and EDGE (cingular). They all had their strengths and weaknesses

Currently, at my house I don't have any dedicated service. I use a Sprint EVDO card in my laptop when I'm at home, but more when I am out working. And then I use DSL when over at my girlfriends house.

Dialup.... sucks, need I say more

DSL.... probably the best deal for the money. I was paying 12.99 a month and the speeds were ok, but if you are downloading hugh files (video), then it could still take a little while.

Cable..... I don't remember exactly what I was paying, I think it was somewhere around 50 a month. Speeds were awesome, but for the price I just couldnt justify it to my ex-wife (wife at the time).

Wildblue.... This i actually just used for a couple of months and I had a showroom account on it. It was when I first started installin them and wanted to see exactly how they worked. In my experience, speeds were pretty unconsistant. Also, upload speeds were never really that hot. Latency was the big killer for me. Coming from DSL and Cable, the delay everytime you tried to do anything killed me. I guess maybe i'm just too impatient. Also, if you have any other options, for the price it really can't compete with DSL or Cable.

Sprint (EVDO)... Pretty pleased with this service so far. I am currently still using it. I like it cause I travel a lot and always have my laptop with me. Cons... actual EVDO signal is kind of scarce around here. So when the EVDO signal is not there it goes back to the old data network, which isnt very fast at all. Also, kind of pricey, I think I pay somewhere about 50-60 a month. Also, I occasionally drop signal while online, which is kind of annoying.

Cingular (EDGE)... Just used it for 30 days then cancelled my contract because I wasn't very pleased with it. Kind of same problem as Sprint, in that the actual EDGE network doesn't cover very much area around here. The regular data network was terribly slow, even slower than the sprint. Price is about the same as sprint. Also, I lost signal regularly. While sitting still in my home, signal would drop out constantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)