OTHER Most sensitive receiver

j23

Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
Canada
Most receivers I've used list -65 to -25 dBm input signal sensitivity.

Currently, I run X2 Premium III, which I think does -65 dBm on the lower end.

I was wondering if there are any receivers (retail or commercial) that can detect -95 dBm or below.
(Not USB or PC card, just a standalone receiver).

At the radio station I work at we use mostly XDS Pro sat receivers for network programing. Although it is spec'd for -60, I've seen it still locked and functioning at -87 when the dish had a lot of snow on it.

XDS-PRO4Q.png

Reactions: T134
That's extremely low. I understand with snow. But is it that common of an issue to warrant a new receiver? RF signal can be amplified. Snr can't, that's more of an issue to most people. A bigger dish solves that problem, having a tuner that can lock at -87dbm won't help you there.

UDL

Reactions: Titanium
That's extremely low. I understand with snow. But is it that common of an issue to warrant a new receiver? RF signal can be amplified. Snr can't, that's more of an issue to most people. A bigger dish solves that problem, having a tuner that can lock at -87dbm won't help you there.

UDL
Exactly! For better better signal quality start at the source with a bigger dish aimed perfectly, a short run of the best available cable, and the best LNBF you can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts