Moto 6412 No Video

SpazMonkey

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
My 6412 has recently developed a weird symptom. When the box is first powered on I get no video. The guide and all of the menus come up with no problem, but there is just sound and no video on any channel.

The only way to bring the video back is to open the DVR menu and start playing something from the hard drive for a minute or two. Once I've done this I can exit and everything works with no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, it's not a big deal to me, but it's driving the wife crazy.

Menus OK, but No video and no sound

I too experienced the no video/no sound problem. I've had the 6412 about 6 days now, so I thought it was something I did wrong. I remembered the one suggestion in this post about holding the power button in. That did not work for me. (next time I'll try it for 10 full seconds)
I had to unplug, wait, and replug the power cord to get it going again.

I don't know how to power the unit off, since the harddisk is always spinning.

graffron said:
I don't know how to power the unit off, since the harddisk is always spinning.
Do you hit the power button on the front panel or remote. Then you are powering the unit off in the context of this bug. The hdd may be spinning, but the audio and video outputs are shut off. There appears to be a bug with some units wherein the outputs do not turn back on correctly when the unit is powered back on.

Luckily, I have never had this problem.